OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using ofline OruxMaps maps in third-party project

2 posters

Go down

Using ofline OruxMaps maps in third-party project Empty Using ofline OruxMaps maps in third-party project

Post  goofy Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello!

(This question is dedicated for OruxMaps developers.)

I'm a student working on open source desktop application heavily using maps for amateur radio-based fans in my city. The key is to store maps locally on disk. Google Maps is not for me, because it's too inaccurate and general for the terrain of my city. The solution is map source project related to OpenStreetMaps, that can be used with Mobile Atlas Creator.That'a all about introduction Smile Now it's time for question: I would like to use map format used by OruxMaps in my project, so I can generate maps using MOBAC to download and create maps and then use it in my program. I'm interested in tiles stored in SQLite database. Of course I will add a note cooperation with OruxMaps project to "About" dialog! Smile
Are you ok with this? Can I ask you few questions about format specification via email?

goofy

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Using ofline OruxMaps maps in third-party project Empty Re: Using ofline OruxMaps maps in third-party project

Post  orux Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:49 pm

goofy wrote:Hello!

(This question is dedicated for OruxMaps developers.)

I'm a student working on open source desktop application heavily using maps for amateur radio-based fans in my city. The key is to store maps locally on disk. Google Maps is not for me, because it's too inaccurate and general for the terrain of my city. The solution is map source project related to OpenStreetMaps, that can be used with Mobile Atlas Creator.That'a all about introduction Smile Now it's time for question: I would like to use map format used by OruxMaps in my project, so I can generate maps using MOBAC to download and create maps and then use it in my program. I'm interested in tiles stored in SQLite database. Of course I will add a note cooperation with OruxMaps project to "About" dialog! Smile
Are you ok with this? Can I ask you few questions about format specification via email?

Hi, goofy;

Of course you can.

-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down