OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oruxmaps navigation between maps

2 posters

Go down

Oruxmaps navigation between maps Empty Oruxmaps navigation between maps

Post  ottop Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:27 pm

HI All,

I would like to ask. Can OruxMaps navigate between more maps. Like I have maps of three states. I will have to drive through three states. Will Orux find the way to navigate and will read different states and its maps where I need to drive ?
Or I have to be on-line and store the way to drive to Off-line Cache ? Or to make a one big maps of the Europe ? But than I will hit the limitation of Mobile Atlas Creator - 500.000 Tile is the limit.

Thank you very much for your information.
Kind regards
Otto

ottop

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Oruxmaps navigation between maps Empty Re: Oruxmaps navigation between maps

Post  twoten Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Otto,

First of all OruxMaps isn't an app for street navigation. You can not give a destination and ask it to plan a route to follow like a TomTom or Garmin satnav.

OruxMaps requires a route that is preplanned and added beforehand as a gpx or kml file more suitable for walking, hiking, cycling and other pursuits. This app is also popular for flying and sailing as it is a good aid giving direction and distance, the limitation of Oruxmaps is asking it to follow a street unless you have pre-plotted it beforehand.

With regards to the maps, you can download the maps using Mobac in smaller areas, when you leave one map OruxMaps will load the next adjacent map giving you a choice if there's more than one map available.

It is a good idea to see if there are any vector maps available for the area you require as these are smaller files covering covering a larger area.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down