OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK YOU!

3 posters

Go down

THANK YOU! Empty THANK YOU!

Post  thomashsk Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello Orux from Sauerland, Germany!

Thank you for the smart software, it's really great. Last week I enjoyed my holyday in spain, mallorca. I prepered some tracks, some selfmade, some downloaded. Also I got some offline-maps with MOBAC an and your built-in map creator, even working smooth and fine.

I was a pleasure to walk with oruxmaps. No fear to get lost - and I tried some tracks I would'nt have done before. Total using time around 20 hours - and there was not any problem.

Last years I used a car navigation system withe igo software. It's able to show tracks and it was ok so far. But all the time I dreamed about a "really" outdoor navigation system, like Garmin. But not any longer, because I found oruxmaps - perfect in any way. Blame on all the professionals. What are they doing with all their manpower?

My hardware is a simple LG P 350 optimus ME, only 85 € incl. shipping - nevertheless oruxmaps is running fast. I had a look on Garmin Dakota 20, but more than 200€, without maps!

The map-issue: On mallorca I used opencyclemap and I was satisfied at all. Every trail is shown on the map, even very very small tracks. Very Happy By the way, which funny jokester mapped the stairways in ST. Elm ? In reality there are only some rocks with a step here and threre. Laughing But we did it. Surprised

What about using opencyclemap in mapsource (vector?) format? Is there any server like it is for mapnik?

Keep going on, i'm curious about the next versions.

Thanks a lot, Thomas

thomashsk

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty Re: THANK YOU!

Post  orux Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:20 pm

thomashsk wrote:Hello Orux from Sauerland, Germany!

Thank you for the smart software, it's really great. Last week I enjoyed my holyday in spain, mallorca. I prepered some tracks, some selfmade, some downloaded. Also I got some offline-maps with MOBAC an and your built-in map creator, even working smooth and fine.

I was a pleasure to walk with oruxmaps. No fear to get lost - and I tried some tracks I would'nt have done before. Total using time around 20 hours - and there was not any problem.

Last years I used a car navigation system withe igo software. It's able to show tracks and it was ok so far. But all the time I dreamed about a "really" outdoor navigation system, like Garmin. But not any longer, because I found oruxmaps - perfect in any way. Blame on all the professionals. What are they doing with all their manpower?

My hardware is a simple LG P 350 optimus ME, only 85 € incl. shipping - nevertheless oruxmaps is running fast. I had a look on Garmin Dakota 20, but more than 200€, without maps!

The map-issue: On mallorca I used opencyclemap and I was satisfied at all. Every trail is shown on the map, even very very small tracks. Very Happy By the way, which funny jokester mapped the stairways in ST. Elm ? In reality there are only some rocks with a step here and threre. Laughing But we did it. Surprised

What about using opencyclemap in mapsource (vector?) format? Is there any server like it is for mapnik?

Keep going on, i'm curious about the next versions.

Thanks a lot, Thomas

Hi, Thomas; thanks.

You should see Opencyclemap-->mapsforge in the online maps sources.

This map is download as a vector map using mapsforge library.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty Does it really work?

Post  thomashsk Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello orux,

thank you for your hint. But I already saw the opencyclemap -> mapforce under "new map".
When I tried to download, there was a sreen to choose the layers (1 - 17), like it is with the pixel-maps. I chose a region about 25 km x 25 km. When I set a mark on layer 17, the data will be over several GB, much more than the 250 MB that are allowed.

With PC I downloaded germany complete from mapsforge server (mapnik?) and its only 1,05 GB.

What I'am doing wrong? Would be nice to solve the problem - with opencyclemap for whole countries on the phone I'am ready for the future.

Best regards, Thomas

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:37 pm

thomashsk wrote:Hello orux,

thank you for your hint. But I already saw the opencyclemap -> mapforce under "new map".
When I tried to download, there was a sreen to choose the layers (1 - 17), like it is with the pixel-maps. I chose a region about 25 km x 25 km. When I set a mark on layer 17, the data will be over several GB, much more than the 250 MB that are allowed.

With PC I downloaded germany complete from mapsforge server (mapnik?) and its only 1,05 GB.

What I'am doing wrong? Would be nice to solve the problem - with opencyclemap for whole countries on the phone I'am ready for the future.

Best regards, Thomas

Hi, Thomas;

You receive the image as a vector image from Internet, but OruxMaps receives a bitmap from mapsforge library, so the created map is a normal map, not a vector map.

You need a PC and mapsforge application to create pure vector maps.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty do you know any server?

Post  thomashsk Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Thank you for quick replay.

Do you know a suitable application and a server for download?

Sorry, but I'm a beginner in that issue.

greets, Thomas

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty What I know ...

Post  thomashsk Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:24 pm

I downloaded files from:

http://ftp.mapsforge.org/maps/europe/

Is there a server with opencycle-files?

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty Will this be helpfull?

Post  thomashsk Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 am

Hello!

I tried to get a hint from the members of the mapforge projekt:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.download files from http://download.mapsforge.org/

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I worked with open-cycle maps in bitmap format. It seems to be much more usefull for outdoor navigation. Is there a plan to generate open-cycle based maps in mapsforge format? Would be great!

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Latest orux maps on android 2.2.3 (LG P 350)

Please provide any additional information below.
Open-cycle maps as mapsforge data would blame any professionals like garmin etc.

Thanks a lot - Thomas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the following answer:

Comment 1 by project member jjbr...@gmail.com, Dec 1 (3 days ago)

The next release will offer the possibility to create custom map styles. You can easily describe your own map styles via a set of rendering rules in an XML document. Rendering properties will also be configurable dynamically at runtime.

We will provide a default rendering style based on the Osmarender theme. If you like, you can then create an open-cycle map theme. But please be patient for the next release, hopefully in a few weeks.

Will it be possible for you to integrate this to oruxmaps? I guess this would be the solution for my wishes, right?

Thomas

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:03 pm

thomashsk wrote:Hello!

I tried to get a hint from the members of the mapforge projekt:

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.download files from http://download.mapsforge.org/

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I worked with open-cycle maps in bitmap format. It seems to be much more usefull for outdoor navigation. Is there a plan to generate open-cycle based maps in mapsforge format? Would be great!

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Latest orux maps on android 2.2.3 (LG P 350)

Please provide any additional information below.
Open-cycle maps as mapsforge data would blame any professionals like garmin etc.

Thanks a lot - Thomas

I got the following answer:

Comment 1 by project member jjbr...@gmail.com, Dec 1 (3 days ago)

The next release will offer the possibility to create custom map styles. You can easily describe your own map styles via a set of rendering rules in an XML document. Rendering properties will also be configurable dynamically at runtime.

We will provide a default rendering style based on the Osmarender theme. If you like, you can then create an open-cycle map theme. But please be patient for the next release, hopefully in a few weeks.

Will it be possible for you to integrate this to oruxmaps? I guess this would be the solution for my wishes, right?

Thomas

Hi,

They are working on version 0.3.0. It will have many improvements, we will study them when released.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU! Empty new message from mapsforge project

Post  thomashsk Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 am

Hello,

I got this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported by Richie.B...@gmail.com, Yesterday (17 hours ago)

Hi,

it would be wonderful if you could create an offline version of open cycle map. Open Cycle Map is very restricted so you can't use MOBAC to load maps. A huge community would be thankful for such a step!!

Comment 1 by Richie.B...@gmail.com, Yesterday (17 hours ago)

PS: I nearly forgot: Your project is AWESOME Smile Smile

Comment 2 by project member thilo.mu...@gmail.com, Yesterday (16 hours ago)

Thank you for the compliment. However this issue has already been request before, see issue 206 . We are planning to publish the 0.3.0 release by the end of February 2012.

thomashsk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuuula Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I would appreciate that too cheers

But what is strange: I tested OSMand with the bicycle renderer function enabled. The cycleways displayed in OSMand were NOT the same as the OpenCycleMap routes affraid. I hope the mapsforge project will implement the whole OCM stuff pale

Tuuula

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum