OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to create routes with existing waypoint

2 posters

Go down

How to create routes with existing waypoint Empty How to create routes with existing waypoint

Post  lothibai Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:09 am

Hi
I´m new with Oruxmaps and exited by its variety of features.
But up to now I did not find out how to create routes with existing waypoints in the database

Idea: I enter points of interest like a cathedral into the database and enter additional information for this cathedral(from wikipedia or other source)
Afterwards I create a route for a city walk, where I use the waypoint "cathedral" as a part of the route.

Additionally I would like to know if there are additional symbols for waypoints indicating points of interest like cathedrals, museums and so on.

Looking forward your advice
Newie

lothibai

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

How to create routes with existing waypoint Empty Re: How to create routes with existing waypoint

Post  orux Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 am

lothibai wrote:Hi
I´m new with Oruxmaps and exited by its variety of features.
But up to now I did not find out how to create routes with existing waypoints in the database

Idea: I enter points of interest like a cathedral into the database and enter additional information for this cathedral(from wikipedia or other source)
Afterwards I create a route for a city walk, where I use the waypoint "cathedral" as a part of the route.

Additionally I would like to know if there are additional symbols for waypoints indicating points of interest like cathedrals, museums and so on.

Looking forward your advice
Newie

Hi,

You have two options when viewing the list of waypoints:

1.-first left-top button -> load the points on the map
2.-second left-top button -> create a route with the selected points.

For now you can not add custom icons. Yes in the future.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

How to create routes with existing waypoint Empty Sequence of waypoints forming the route

Post  lothibai Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Orux,

muchas gracias para tu repuesta rapida! Is there a possibility to determine the sequence of waypoints to form the route?

Muchos saludos!
Lothibai

lothibai

Back to top Go down

How to create routes with existing waypoint Empty Is it possible to store the route?

Post  lothibai Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi
after creation a route based on waypoints I can start routing.
Is it also possible to store this route on SD card so that I can follow this route later. I would like to prepare some routes for walking them later.
Best Regards
Lothibai

lothibai

Back to top Go down

How to create routes with existing waypoint Empty Re: How to create routes with existing waypoint

Post  orux Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:25 pm

lothibai wrote:Hi
after creation a route based on waypoints I can start routing.
Is it also possible to store this route on SD card so that I can follow this route later. I would like to prepare some routes for walking them later.
Best Regards
Lothibai

Hi, you can sort the wpts before opening them as a route.

No possible to store the route with current version,

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down