OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have tried with no success!!

2 posters

Go down

I have tried with no success!! Empty I have tried with no success!!

Post  BillyInHudsonFl Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

.I have tried this with no success ...

I make an offline map of the area that i want in Mobile Atlas Creator...I have put that on my external SD Card in a folder named oruxmaps/mapfiles/(the name of the folder Mobile atlas creator, created) in my case the town i live in "Hudson" inside that folder are 2 files "Hudson.otrk2" and "OruxMapsImages2".
Now I want to make another map just above my town and butts up against the first map! I make that map, and Now comes the questions if I did all that above right..
1, Do I name the new map say "hudson2" ?
2, Where do I put those two new files and do i leave them in the "hudson" folder .
3, How do I open all that so it blends/merge into each other when I am moving? Do I check ""Auto load maps/ Always (Caution!) and that will merge auto?

I hope you can help me out and keep in mind this is my first time using this and I am a learner

Thank you
Billy.

BillyInHudsonFl

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

I have tried with no success!! Empty Re: I have tried with no success!!

Post  twoten Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:16 pm

1, Do I name the new map say "hudson2" ?
The name is only to make it easier for you to identify and doesn't affect how it opens.
2, Where do I put those two new files and do i leave them in the "hudson" folder .
Leave in in the folder they were created in and place in oruxmaps/mapfiles/ with the Hudson folder.
3, How do I open all that so it blends/merge into each other when I am moving? Do I check ""Auto load maps/ Always (Caution!) and that will merge auto?
Keep the setting 'Auto Load Maps' - 'Leaving Map', as you leave the existing map Oruxmaps will load the new map. When I last tried there was a blank area of map before the new map loaded, it was not seamless. Orux was looking at rectifying this, as far as I am aware this is still the case.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyInHudsonFl Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 pm

TwoTen Thanks..

I tryed it out today and when i get to the next map it asked which one so i just selected it.
I will look to see the "auto load maps" option..

Again thanks for the reply..

Billy

BillyInHudsonFl

Back to top Go down

Post  BillyInHudsonFl Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 pm

OH I forgot to ask...

I had GPS in my last car and when I turned a corner the map would change where it was always heading up...I can do that with OruxMaps but the road names etc do not change! meaning they stay upsidedown etc..
I have it now set as "Direction Up" in the "Orientation"
Hope you understand what i mean ...

Thanks

Billy.

BillyInHudsonFl

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 am

I had GPS in my last car and when I turned a corner the map would change where it was always heading up...I can do that with OruxMaps but the road names etc do not change! meaning they stay upside down etc..
I have it now set as "Direction Up" in the "Orientation"
Because of the way the maps are rendered it is not possible for the road names to match the orientation of the map when turned on the side.
I tryed it out today and when i get to the next map it asked which one so i just selected it.
The action of Oruxmaps appears a bit irratic when moving to an adjoined map. I have set up 2 adjacent maps, hidden other maps that cover the same areas, when I move out of the first loaded map it behaves as expected and goes into the next map without a pop-up box giving an option but when I move back into the first map Oruxmaps gives a choice of the map I want to go into or another map of a different country. I think this is a bug that Orux might want to investigate, the maps format I am using is TwoNav (Rmap).

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down