OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current position on track / route profile

3 posters

Go down

Current position on track / route profile Empty Current position on track / route profile

Post  marmottes44 Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Orux and thanks a lot for your great work. I've been using it flawlessly, hiking and biking for about a year.

What I really enjoy before a hike is being able to tell my family what kind of efforts will be necessary. I usually look for .gpx files on the web and either load it in OruxMaps or on http://www.gpsvisualizer.com if it needs elevation data for instance. This way I can have a look at the profile (and not just total elevation) and tell them about it.

A great improvement would be to be able to have some kind of live position on the track/route profile we're following. We could see what's still to be done in one easy glimpse. It could be on the route profile or in the trip computer view. I'm thinking of something like this :
http://www.gpx-view.com/gpx.php?f=Petit_Vignemale.gpx
Click anywhere on the profile and you get the position on the track. What I'd like, would be the opposite : say where you are on the track (gps position) and when you check the profile you get a dot or a line with your position. Something like this :
[img]Current position on track / route profile Oruxprofile [/img]

Of course, it's just an idea. I'm not sure it's easily done or interesting.
Keep up the good work,
Cheers,
Marmottes44

marmottes44

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Current position on track / route profile Empty Re: Current position on track / route profile

Post  marmottes44 Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:39 am

Anyone interested ? Comments ?

marmottes44

Back to top Go down

Current position on track / route profile Empty Re: Current position on track / route profile

Post  raldes Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

would be GREAT improvement! definately in favour of this idea.

raldes

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm

raldes wrote:would be GREAT improvement! definately in favour of this idea.

Hi;

It is possible, following a route, in the trip computer view, see below (black vertical line):

Current position on track / route profile Screenshot2012030518425

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  marmottes44 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:30 am

Is there an easy way to access this ?
I tried viewing it (although I was at home, at the start of an old route) and
1> it wasn't easy to get there (when you're following a track, you have to go to options>... and not just "statistics" for instance)
2> I got both altitude and speed on the graph (although I selected only altitude) and didn't get the vertical line (but being at the start of the route, that could be intended).

Anyway, the feature seems to be in the software which is great. Thank you for all your good work (I have no insight in this fields unfortunately, so I can't really help there). Hope this gives you ideas for even more improvement.

Cheers !

marmottes44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down