OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track logging problems

2 posters

Go down

Track logging problems Empty Track logging problems

Post  Cumulus Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 am

Oruxmaps is a very good tool. But by tracklogging I have two problems. First the main settings.

Version 4.8.1
Sony Ericcson xperia ray
GPS time intervall 1s, distance intervall 0m
Fix precision 100m
Autosegment 0min, 0km

By tracking (outside, walking, running or driving) there is a lost of tracking points every 5 minutes. That means that the tracking intervall is 1s, but some minutes after log starting there is one intervall with 31-35s. Then normal tracking with 1s intervall but after 5min (+-2s) again one intervall with 31-35s. And this repeat periodical every 5 minutes till the end of the track. By checking the GPS status i don't see an interrupt after 5 minutes..

Secondly by long tracks the programm change the intervall time of the older tracking points. By tracking about one hour (3800 tracking points) all is ok but after tracking a trip with 2 hours 15 minutes, the tracklog shows the first 1000 points with 4s intervall, then points 1000-2000 with 2s and the rest of the track normal with 1s intervall (beside of the interrupts every 5min). Is ther a limitation with the numbers of trackpoints?

Thank you for helpful comments.
Werner

Cumulus

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Track logging problems Empty Re: Track logging problems

Post  Cumulus Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 am

Update: The first problem with GPS interrupt every 5 minutes is independed from Oruxmaps. I found out that this behaviour happens also if Oruxmaps is not active. Perhaps it's because the phone tryes sometimes to connect to UMTS to use A-GPS and I switched off UMTS. Then there it's only the question about limit of numbers of track points.
Werner

Cumulus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cumulus Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Now it seems that that the GPS interrupt every 5 minutes happens if the 2G/3G data traffic is switched off by starting GPS with Oruxmaps. Switching on data traffic seems to avoid this problem. Also when I switch off the data traffic later during tracklogging, the logs are without interruption till the end. Perhaps Oruxmaps try to use A-GPS after starting GPS and therefore it needs data traffic.
Werner

Cumulus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cumulus Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am

The issue with GPS interrupst every 5 minutes is definitely a Sony Ericcson problem with Xperia series. They are working on it.
But I have no solution how to log long tracks without loosing datas. It seems, Oruxmaps automatically compress tracklogs by increasing log intervall of first track points if logging reach a certain limit of track lenght.
Werner

Cumulus

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Cumulus wrote:The issue with GPS interrupst every 5 minutes is definitely a Sony Ericcson problem with Xperia series. They are working on it.
But I have no solution how to log long tracks without loosing datas. It seems, Oruxmaps automatically compress tracklogs by increasing log intervall of first track points if logging reach a certain limit of track lenght.
Werner

Hi;

Yes, but only for displaying the track; it should be complete inside the database. If you export the track as a gpx, you should see all the track.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Cumulus Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

orux wrote:
Yes, but only for displaying the track; it should be complete inside the database. If you export the track as a gpx, you should see all the track.

Thanks for answer. Well, I exported now again the track throught manage menue and got the full, not reduced GPX with all trackpoints. The first export of this track was with the function "automatically store of GPX by stopping log" and with this I got the short, copressed version. Was it planned to get only a compressed version (with long tracks) by automatically generated logfiles?
Werner

Cumulus

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Cumulus wrote:
orux wrote:

Thanks for answer. Well, I exported now again the track throught manage menue and got the full, not reduced GPX with all trackpoints. The first export of this track was with the function "automatically store of GPX by stopping log" and with this I got the short, copressed version. Was it planned to get only a compressed version (with long tracks) by automatically generated logfiles?
Werner

It is a bug, solved for next version;

try-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down