OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great app.

Go down

Great app. Empty Great app.

Post  athodyd Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:33 am

Very nice product. Needing also mention is excellent instructions for getting topo maps set up from:

OruxMaps finally delivers the badly needed topographic capability to GPS Android apps. Well written, documented, and presentation.

Wishes:
1. An option to omit that "pogo stick" (also indicates distance from current GPS read) when I move the position cursor. Better might be to let the user move away from current GPS location at will, then return to it via a Dashboard button.
2. It would be nice if tiles adjacent to current could display (preload?) rather than blank as one reaches the edge of the current tile.

In any case, fabo app.

athodyd

Back to top Go down

Great app. Empty Re: Great app.

Post  orux Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:15 pm

athodyd wrote:Very nice product. Needing also mention is excellent instructions for getting topo maps set up from:

OruxMaps finally delivers the badly needed topographic capability to GPS Android apps. Well written, documented, and presentation.

Wishes:
1. An option to omit that "pogo stick" (also indicates distance from current GPS read) when I move the position cursor. Better might be to let the user move away from current GPS location at will, then return to it via a Dashboard button.
2. It would be nice if tiles adjacent to current could display (preload?) rather than blank as one reaches the edge of the current tile.

In any case, fabo app.

Hi, thanks for your comments!

I will add an option for disabling 'pogo stick' Smile

There is a cache of 1536x1536 pixels (not possible larger because of an out of memory problem). With zoom 100%; you will see blank background only if Oruxmaps has not enough time for loading the tiles.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down