OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active

3 posters

Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active

Post  workspace Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 am

Hi all,

if I stop oruxmaps (gps is off, logging is off, stopping via return button), the battery app tells me,
that oruxmaps uses 54% battery, while the taskmanager tells me oruxmaps is not running.

This happens on a Sony experia active with the stock android 2.3.4

Someone have the same experience?

Cheers
Ralf

workspace

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Re: Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active

Post  orux Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

workspace wrote:Hi all,

if I stop oruxmaps (gps is off, logging is off, stopping via return button), the battery app tells me,
that oruxmaps uses 54% battery, while the taskmanager tells me oruxmaps is not running.

This happens on a Sony experia active with the stock android 2.3.4

Someone have the same experience?

Cheers
Ralf

Hi;

What you see is a statistic, during last XX hours (may be since you turn on your device...)

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Re: Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active

Post  workspace Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks for your quick reply,

the strange thing is, even if I switch off the Phone completely and the first thing after switch on is
going to the battery app (provided by the android system) oruxmaps is there!

Even if I have not used oruxmaps for days, it is there with 54% battery use ...

I will crosscheck this with a colleges Samsung Galaxy S2.

Cheers
Ralf

workspace

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty solved

Post  workspace Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 am

The problem seems to be gone with the new Version 4.8.12

Cheers
Ralf

Last edited by workspace on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo in version number)

workspace

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Still problems

Post  donpro Thu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,

for me, the problem still persists on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Active (Android 2.3.4) with OruxMaps 4.8.36 when OruxMaps is switched off (again no GPS, no logging etc., OruxMaps switched off via the back button). After booting the phone from a complete shut-off, OruxMaps does not appear in the Android battery app.

The following steps work for me in order to reproduce the issue:
Start OruxMaps, record a short track (some seconds), stop the recording, and close OruxMaps with the back button. The battery share consumed by OruxMaps will rise (and stay on top), also when waiting several hours after having switched off OruxMaps. Using the phone intensively (display, WLAN, calls, ...) does not change this behavior. The battery app still shows an increasing share consumed by OruxMaps.

OruxMaps was switched off after having loaded the battery, and here's the corresponding battery app screenshot:
Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Screenshot201205041358

I would be very pleased if you could help me with this issue!

Thank you for the great work on OruxMaps, orux!

Cheers,

donpro

donpro

Cantidad de envíos : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri May 04, 2012 5:55 pm

donpro wrote:Hi everyone,

for me, the problem still persists on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Active (Android 2.3.4) with OruxMaps 4.8.36 when OruxMaps is switched off (again no GPS, no logging etc., OruxMaps switched off via the back button). After booting the phone from a complete shut-off, OruxMaps does not appear in the Android battery app.

The following steps work for me in order to reproduce the issue:
Start OruxMaps, record a short track (some seconds), stop the recording, and close OruxMaps with the back button. The battery share consumed by OruxMaps will rise (and stay on top), also when waiting several hours after having switched off OruxMaps. Using the phone intensively (display, WLAN, calls, ...) does not change this behavior. The battery app still shows an increasing share consumed by OruxMaps.

OruxMaps was switched off after having loaded the battery, and here's the corresponding battery app screenshot:
Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Screenshot201205041358

I would be very pleased if you could help me with this issue!

Thank you for the great work on OruxMaps, orux!

Cheers,

donpro

Hi, strange;

please, install aLogcat application.

Use that application after 3-4 hours you left OruxMaps using 'back' button.

Send me the log,

thanks,

jose
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Sent you the log

Post  donpro Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi Orux,

due to the contained private data, I have sent you a log file as a private message (via this forum).
Please let me know if you need more data/information ... I am willing to provide you with more details.

Thank you for your help!

All the best,

Donpro

PS: My battery runs empty in about two days, with only a few calls and WLAN/display. OruxMaps consumed more than 50 % of the battery (having been switched off).

donpro

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Addition

Post  donpro Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 am

Hi Jose,

I'm still facing this problem. I can tell that permanent battery consumption by OruxMaps only occurs when having recorded a track before. It does not happen when just using offline and online maps, with or without enabled GPS. No problems then.

Can this issue be related to some sensors, maybe the special sensors integrated in the Sony Xperia Active (barometric altitude sensor, ANT+) or GPS, that continue to consume power after stopping the track recording?

Thank you very much for your help again!

All the best

Donpro

Last edited by donpro on Tue May 22, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

donpro

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 pm

donpro wrote:Hi Jose,

I'm still facing this problem. I can tell that permanent battery consumption by OruxMaps only occurs when having recorded a track before. It does not happen when just using offline and online maps, with or without enabled GPS. No problems then.

Can this issue be related to some sensors, maybe the special sensors integrated in the Sony Xperia Active (barometric altitude sensor, ANT+) or GPS, that continue to consume power after stopping the track recording?

Thank you very much for your help again!

All the best

Valentin

Hi,

please, try with the last beta-->www.oruxmaps.com/cs

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty First test

Post  donpro Tue May 22, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Jose,

the first test was recording a short track with OruxMaps 4.8.42 beta. Afterwards, I could not observe high battery consumption anymore after switching off OruxMaps. The issue might be fixed! I will give you feedback after some days again, hopefully the issue does not occur again ...

May I ask you what the fix addressed?

Thank you very much for your fast help and this great app!

Cheers

Donpro

donpro

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm

donpro wrote:Hi Jose,

the first test was recording a short track with OruxMaps 4.8.42 beta. Afterwards, I could not observe high battery consumption anymore after switching off OruxMaps. The issue might be fixed! I will give you feedback after some days again, hopefully the issue does not occur again ...

May I ask you what the fix addressed?

Thank you very much for your fast help and this great app!

Cheers

Donpro

Hi;

I can not confirm, but I think the problem was with barometer sensor (if available),

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Still empties battery (4.8.45beta)

Post  donpro Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 am

Hi Orux,

the issue still occurs: OruxMaps is switched off, but it still empties the battery. Only a full reboot of my Xperia Active helps. The Sony Xperia Active includes a barometer (used in my case) and an ANT+ interface (not used in my case). I observed the issue with OruxMaps 4.8.45 beta.

I did not use 4.8.42 quite often, because it showed massages in the foreground I could not close (i.e. "Restoring status" or similar).
So I cannot really tell if the issue occurred with 4.8.42 as well.

Thank you!

All the best,

Donpro

donpro

Back to top Go down

Battery Aoo tells oruxmaps needs >50%, but oruxmaps is not active Empty Problem solved

Post  donpro Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,

the issue I described above (running out of battery although OruxMaps is closed, also with recent betas) has not occurred anymore for my Xperia Active within the last weeks. Currently, I am using 4.8.51 beta without any problems, and I am very happy with it.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell whether or not some beta release or some preference setting solved the issue.

Keep up the good work!

Donpro

donpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down