OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Strava integration to the system?

3 posters

Go down

Adding Strava integration to the system? Empty Adding Strava integration to the system?

Post  DickBarton Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi,

I've been using Oruxmaps for a while now and reckon it is the best Android app available for tracking a journey without eating the battery of the phone. I start tracking when I start my ride and then stop it at the end, rides can be quick or several hours at a time and I'm always impressed how the battery on my phone seems little affected.

Anyway, I've got a MapMyTracks account and Oruxmaps is linked in with that so once I finish a ride, I hit a button and it syncs to the site. Very easy, very nice.

I've now started using Strava.com (mainly as the competitive side of it seems to be motivating me more!)...is it possible for Oruxmaps to have a similar integration with Strava as it does for MapMyTracks?

Looking at the blurb on Strava, it seems to be a generic email you send the .gpx file(s) to so I'm guessing they have to come from the registered email address i.e. the email you registered on Strava needs to be the sender. At a guess, Oruxmaps system would need the sender email and recipient email to allow it to work with a couple of button clicks...I'm not too techy so don't know how much work or how accurate my thinking is.

I've no idea what is involved with this but it would be a great addition for me (and hopefully many more who use both systems).

Thanks.
DickBarton
DickBarton

Cantidad de envíos : 8

http://www.mapmytracks.com/DickBarton

Back to top Go down

Adding Strava integration to the system? Empty Re: Adding Strava integration to the system?

Post  Alastair Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi,

I'd like to see uploads to Strava added too please.

(But this does also raise the question of where does this integration stop as there are new tracking sites popping up all the time!)

From what I could see from the link on the Strava site, in order to email a track, you need to enter the address "upload@strava.com" into Oruxmaps and then change the subject line to your Strava registered email address. At the moment Oruxmaps allows you to enter an email address in the Integration section but not a subject line.

I have tried the approach above and successfully uploaded a few tracks. It's a bit of a pain, having to enter your email address each time but it works!

Cheers,
Alastair

Alastair

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

Adding Strava integration to the system? Empty Re: Adding Strava integration to the system?

Post  emagin Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:17 pm

+1 for Strava
I am currently using EveryTrail.com but it is not great for mountainbiking.
I find the Strava has more detailed info and comparisons are good.
Thank you for Orux, it has been very productive to use. Am currently using latest beta and enjoying it.

emagin

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Adding Strava integration to the system? Empty +1 Strava

Post  emagin Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 pm

For running, cycling there's nothing that can compare to Strava, it's quite good.
Also for Trail Discovery it's very good - there just aren't as many trails being made out there on other systems, so I need Strava.
So to have Orux Maps with that kind of trail discovery would be very nice.
Thanks

emagin

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down