OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ?

2 posters

Go down

Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ? Empty Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ?

Post  dodfr Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Hello,

I am preparing GR11 long-hike and then I downloaded differents maps from differnt sources, the garmin one TOPO PIRINEOS 5.0 (thanks to latest beta), an other one created fro MOBAC and other.

Question is, if I ask Oruxmaps to locate me and display map, which one will it select ? will it auto-detect that multiple maps points to same place ?

dodfr

Cantidad de envíos : 30

Back to top Go down

Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ? Empty Re: Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ?

Post  kunzuilh Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello!

If you do a long press on the screen, where you meet, you leave the option of choosing between diferents maps you have of that place. So you can switch from one to another easily.

(Translate with google)
kunzuilh
kunzuilh

Cantidad de envíos : 137

Back to top Go down

Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ? Empty Re: Multiple maps for same zone, how do Orux deal with it ?

Post  dodfr Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello,

Yes I already know how to manually select a map (it is explained in the startup hints screen) but question is how OruxMap will react if I don't select any map manually. And also if I do manual selection and there is a "hole", will it try to find the place by itself into other maps ?

I also noticed that each time I go back to main screen to select an other set of maps then (I have a lot of "squares" it take many seconds so this is rather slow to switch between each one. May be there is a faster way ?

dodfr

Cantidad de envíos : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down