OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

map tiles missing after going from free to donate version

2 posters

Go down

map tiles missing after going from free to donate version Empty map tiles missing after going from free to donate version

Post  vicious cycle Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 am

after trying oruxmaps for a while I thought it is a good effort that is worth my support so went on and got the donate version in play store.
problem is that now some map tiles at certain zoom levels are not being downloaded.
those map tiles had already been downloaded by the free version so I think that some map cache conflict is going on.
uninstalled both versions, cleared settings and deleted /sdcard/oruxmaps. then reinstalled but the problem insists.
any thoughts?

edit
this happened in two different phones, different zoom level tiles. only common is that the tiles missing where recently used by the free version.
tried the "refresh tiles" tweak as well, with no results.
online map, g.earth.

vicious cycle

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

map tiles missing after going from free to donate version Empty Re: map tiles missing after going from free to donate version

Post  orux Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:22 pm

vicious cycle wrote:after trying oruxmaps for a while I thought it is a good effort that is worth my support so went on and got the donate version in play store.
problem is that now some map tiles at certain zoom levels are not being downloaded.
those map tiles had already been downloaded by the free version so I think that some map cache conflict is going on.
uninstalled both versions, cleared settings and deleted /sdcard/oruxmaps. then reinstalled but the problem insists.
any thoughts?

edit
this happened in two different phones, different zoom level tiles. only common is that the tiles missing where recently used by the free version.
tried the "refresh tiles" tweak as well, with no results.
online map, g.earth.

Hello;

Sometimes there are changes in google maps; I do not think it's a problem with OruxMaps version, both versions are equal. It is possible that at some levels the tiles are not available.

Install both versions, if you can not download the tiles, they are not available.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down