OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready made topographical maps of New Zealand

2 posters

Go down

Ready made topographical maps of New Zealand Empty Ready made topographical maps of New Zealand

Post  ir Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

I have made topographical maps covering all of NZ that I'm happy to share, more information and download links are here.

ir

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Ready made topographical maps of New Zealand Empty re: Ready made topographical maps of New Zealand

Post  garrick.leonard Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 am

Hello Ian

Maps are very nice. Complete with a legend. Very Happy

I've just finished downloading north island maps.
I'll play with these and download south island tomorrow.

The overlapping tiles is a great idea: no need to switch maps at the nztopo edges.
NZTM coords are working well. (TWEAKS:MAP DATUM:NZGD2000, SETTINGS:UNITS:COORDS:GRID)

The dashboard coord display needs a space between northings and eastings - perhaps mr Orux could fix this? Question
Maps look good on my 240w x 320h screen, and scolls fast: (no redrawing c.f. detailed vector map).

Zoomability is good. nztopo50's contain lots of detail. The pine tree symbol is still visible after processing and at 400m zoom (on my screen). I tried to enhance the pine tree symbol on a single nztopo50 map by levels adjustment in photoshop (moved black point to 90, recentred mid point and leaving white point as is). But improvement almost not noticeable on my phone (but very noteable on pc). So I have decided to "keep" your maps.

EXCELLENT cheers

garrick.leonard

Cantidad de envíos : 8

Back to top Go down