OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offline maps don't match up with GPS

2 posters

Go down

Offline maps don't match up with GPS Empty Offline maps don't match up with GPS

Post  pjman Sun May 09, 2010 6:05 am

Hi, I created an offline map using I load this map up in OruxMaps and turn on GPS tracking. OruxMaps is showing my location about 2 miles north west of my actual location. I've tried this using both Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 alpha 7 & 8b. I'm following the directions step-by-step. What am I missing?

Thanks!

pjman

Back to top Go down

Offline maps don't match up with GPS Empty Re: Offline maps don't match up with GPS

Post  MB Sun May 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Are you sure that GPS on the phone is enabled? (This has to be done manually.) If not, the phone assesses its position using other, less precise methods (telephone or WiFi network).

You may also have accidentally turned off the GPS function in Oruxmaps.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Offline maps don't match up with GPS Empty Re: Offline maps don't match up with GPS

Post  pjman Mon May 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi - GPS was enabled and it was turned on in OruxMaps. I was having this issue for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden it started working. I wish I knew what changed.

Great app - thanks!

pjman

Back to top Go down

Post  newnaw Wed May 26, 2010 7:50 am

Hi,
this problem always takes place in China, the reason why for this in China was the map itself is been shifted by gov for so called security issue...although the gps location is exactly right.
We expected a solution for this, but for now, not yet.

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Post  scotchbonnet Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi,
I had the same problem with Mobile Atlas Creator. Choosing the biggest value available for map size under preferences solved this problem for me.

scotchbonnet

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down