OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overlay not appearing in 3D view

2 posters

Go down

Overlay not appearing in 3D view Empty Overlay not appearing in 3D view

Post  knappmiller Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Finally got the chance to download and test beta (5.0beta25) this weekend. Great new capabilities!

My first major problem was new double tap to open overlay. I could not figure out that this was the technique until after about the 10th time trying I saw the pop up message for about 0.1 second before it disappeared. I wasted about an hour searching for documentation trying to figure out if my overlay was the right format or not and that might be why it was not opening with a tap and hold like most applications would do. Even if your message just stayed up for a bit longer it would be great.

Once I figured out how to do this, it worked fine for the simple area overlay that I was trying. One request though would be to have the overlay fill color and transparency that is in the kml rather than just the outline. Not a big deal, but would be nice, maybe even capability to edit properties of the overlay element. Some document that says that organizing elements into <Folder>s</Folder> as way to turn off or enable individual Folders would also be useful as appears to be case after testing your Spain flight areas kmz. Having an image overlay capability (maybe semitransparent) would also be nice. I often use CustomMaps for this (when I don't have time to use PC and Okmap to gen Oruxmap), and having its maps be openable in Oruxmaps as an overlay would be useful (same format as georeferencing an image in GoogleEarth).

I also like the new Oruxmaps 3D capability. It took some tweaking of settings to get a nice view (moderately high + 512x512) and I wanted the terrain in my area that is rather flat to be more visible so I changed 0.4 height ratio to 4.0 and it was messed up. I set at 0.8 and that worked well. In combo with mapsforge openandromaps it looks great. With Microsoft Earth image also is wonderful. But significantly, when viewing in 3D with overlay on in 2D, the overlay did not appear in 3D. I really hope that you can get that to work as looking at the overlay in 3D was the main advantage of the 3D view in this case.

knappmiller

Cantidad de envíos : 9

Back to top Go down

Overlay not appearing in 3D view Empty Re: Overlay not appearing in 3D view

Post  orux Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

knappmiller wrote:Finally got the chance to download and test beta (5.0beta25) this weekend. Great new capabilities!

My first major problem was new double tap to open overlay. I could not figure out that this was the technique until after about the 10th time trying I saw the pop up message for about 0.1 second before it disappeared. I wasted about an hour searching for documentation trying to figure out if my overlay was the right format or not and that might be why it was not opening with a tap and hold like most applications would do. Even if your message just stayed up for a bit longer it would be great.

Once I figured out how to do this, it worked fine for the simple area overlay that I was trying. One request though would be to have the overlay fill color and transparency that is in the kml rather than just the outline. Not a big deal, but would be nice, maybe even capability to edit properties of the overlay element. Some document that says that organizing elements into <Folder>s</Folder> as way to turn off or enable individual Folders would also be useful as appears to be case after testing your Spain flight areas kmz. Having an image overlay capability (maybe semitransparent) would also be nice. I often use CustomMaps for this (when I don't have time to use PC and Okmap to gen Oruxmap), and having its maps be openable in Oruxmaps as an overlay would be useful (same format as georeferencing an image in GoogleEarth).

I also like the new Oruxmaps 3D capability. It took some tweaking of settings to get a nice view (moderately high + 512x512) and I wanted the terrain in my area that is rather flat to be more visible so I changed 0.4 height ratio to 4.0 and it was messed up. I set at 0.8 and that worked well. In combo with mapsforge openandromaps it looks great. With Microsoft Earth image also is wonderful. But significantly, when viewing in 3D with overlay on in 2D, the overlay did not appear in 3D. I really hope that you can get that to work as looking at the overlay in 3D was the main advantage of the 3D view in this case.

Thanks;

I am using an external file manager, I will try to change the selection gesture.

I will improve in later versions kml load and the 3D view.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down