OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rendering only part of img file at a time

3 posters

Go down

Rendering only part of img file at a time Empty Rendering only part of img file at a time

Post  jaypow Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm pretty new to OruxMaps and downloaded it so I can use an ORV map of my state which is in the Garmin img file format. I've successfully installed the map and OruxMaps renders it fine except for the fact it only renders about 50x50 miles of the maps (don't know if this is exact). The point being, if I zoom out to far there is just a square area of the map in the middle and everything else is blank. If I pan to a different area of the map it will render it just fine as well, but only that 50x50 mile area that is in the middle of the display and not the surroundings. Zooming in works fine as long as I keep my view withing this 50x50 limit. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or something else is going on here. I've search for the forum for similar, but was unsuccessful. I'm using v.5.2.3 running on a Samsung Galaxy Note II Android version 4.1.1

jaypow

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Rendering only part of img file at a time Empty Re: Rendering only part of img file at a time

Post  orux Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:41 pm

jaypow wrote:I'm pretty new to OruxMaps and downloaded it so I can use an ORV map of my state which is in the Garmin img file format. I've successfully installed the map and OruxMaps renders it fine except for the fact it only renders about 50x50 miles of the maps (don't know if this is exact). The point being, if I zoom out to far there is just a square area of the map in the middle and everything else is blank. If I pan to a different area of the map it will render it just fine as well, but only that 50x50 mile area that is in the middle of the display and not the surroundings. Zooming in works fine as long as I keep my view withing this 50x50 limit. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or something else is going on here. I've search for the forum for similar, but was unsuccessful. I'm using v.5.2.3 running on a Samsung Galaxy Note II Android version 4.1.1

Hi;

check your zoom settings in 'settings--maps--zoom settings'.

I think you are using only a digital zoom (or your map has only one layer).

If the map has layers, you should be able to up/down through layers with the zoom without problems.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Rendering only part of img file at a time Empty Re: Rendering only part of img file at a time

Post  epic Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:29 pm

It is the person who made the img to decide which objects will be display on different zoom level.
(Zoom level here is Garmin zoom level.) Your map may have only 2 levels. (the one show only the background and the one show everything.)

epic

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down