OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only

2 posters

Go down

Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only Empty Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only

Post  febs Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Hello, I have a Runbo X5 phone (this one: http://en.runbo.net/ ) with a barometer built-in.
I tested it on Oruxmaps and I was impressed: very accurate readings up to the single meter. I went up and down the stairs and it was amazing.

Now, barometer stopped working in OruxMaps. Orux don't show any value and I can't subsequently calibrate it. That sucks!
Before writing this post, I wiped all OruxMaps data and things got even worse: now Orux don't even recognize that there is a barometer aboard!

Please notice that if I use the "Android Sensor Box" app, pressure is read correctly.
Please help!
If there is any information I can provide (logcat, etc) I would gladly will.

Thanks so much

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139

Back to top Go down

Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only Empty Re: Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only

Post  febs Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 pm

EDIT: I installed latest beta (5.3.3 beta 9) and pressure is showing up again.
I am running both versions at the same time: in the stable latest donate version, pressure gauge is empty; in beta works!

But, in beta temperature reading is not working to me. Smile

I have temperature sensors and they are working in other apps. Again, if I may help with debugging I'd love to.

Thanks!

febs

Back to top Go down

Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only Empty Re: Barometer stopped working in Oruxmaps only

Post  orux Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

febs wrote:EDIT: I installed latest beta (5.3.3 beta 9) and pressure is showing up again.
I am running both versions at the same time: in the stable latest donate version, pressure gauge is empty; in beta works!

But, in beta temperature reading is not working to me. Smile

I have temperature sensors and they are working in other apps. Again, if I may help with debugging I'd love to.

Thanks!

Hi,

try with last beta (about temperature).

it is tested with sg4, ready for 'ambient temperature sensor'.

I do not know if your device uses 'ambient temperature' or 'temperature' sensor (deprecated in last version of android).

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  febs Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 am

Hello, thank you for your reply. With beta 11 temperature is actually read!

According to a test app my sensor it is a "ST Microelectronics Temperature Sensor"... not much information actually.
Do you know if i can get more detailed informations in logcat? Thanks!

febs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down