OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert map - .ecw-file (1,8GB)

2 posters

Go down

Convert map - .ecw-file (1,8GB) Empty Convert map - .ecw-file (1,8GB)

Post  jmeyerdo Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 am

Hello!

Since several days I am trying to convert a big map based on an .ecw-file (1,8GB - calibrated with OziExplorer .map-file) to OruxMaps.

Unfortunately OruxMapsDesktop can't read this file format so I tried to convert to .jpg or .png with different ways already. Unfortunately all my attempts failed (I tried with FWTools/gdal_translate, OziExplorer, ...). There are dropouts while conversion - or OruxMapsDesktop can't read the created file (.png, 9GB).

Do you have any hints for me how to solve this problem and what is the best way to convert a .ecw-file to OruxMaps? I would be happy if I will be able to convert a part of the map also.

Best regards, Jens

jmeyerdo

Cantidad de envíos : 12

Back to top Go down

Convert map - .ecw-file (1,8GB) Empty Re: Convert map - .ecw-file (1,8GB)

Post  jmeyerdo Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 am

I tried again with .png-file converted by OziExplorer ("save map as image"). The file is approx. 11GB.
When starting conversion with OruxMapsDesktop the following message appears immediately: "An error occured while generating images!". Is there any chance to get more information about the error?

Kind regards, Jens

jmeyerdo

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:05 pm

jmeyerdo wrote:I tried again with .png-file converted by OziExplorer ("save map as image"). The file is approx. 11GB.
When starting conversion with OruxMapsDesktop the following message appears immediately: "An error occured while generating images!". Is there any chance to get more information about the error?

Kind regards, Jens

Hi, Jens;

It is a very very big map; perhaps the jmv needs more memory;

change this in OruxMapsDesktop.bat and OruxMapsDesktop.sh

java -Xmx512m -jar OruxMapsDesktop.jar

instead -Xmx512m, if you have a PC with 2gb of memory, use -Xmx1500m for example;

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  jmeyerdo Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:38 am

Hi!

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately the same error with "-Xmx1500m". With higher values OruxMapsDesktop will not start (even with 4GB memory in PC).

Kind regards, Jens

jmeyerdo

Back to top Go down

Post  jmeyerdo Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:26 am

I tried several other settings/exports now - but unfortunately still without any success.

I exported .ecw with ER Viewer to .jpg now. Without resizing .jpg-file is still 4GB. I tried with a resized file (450MB) also - but still the same error: "An error occured while generating images!".
Are you sure that this depends still on the file size - or is there any chance to receive more information about this error?

Best regards, Jens

jmeyerdo

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:16 pm

jmeyerdo wrote:I tried several other settings/exports now - but unfortunately still without any success.

I exported .ecw with ER Viewer to .jpg now. Without resizing .jpg-file is still 4GB. I tried with a resized file (450MB) also - but still the same error: "An error occured while generating images!".
Are you sure that this depends still on the file size - or is there any chance to receive more information about this error?

Best regards, Jens

Hi, Jens;

The size of the file does not matter; because when you decode a image in memory, always needs width*height*3 bytes.

OruxMapsDesktop reads the images in strips, 3*512*width bytes for each strip.

I am going to make a version with more debug info for you.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down