OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost

2 posters

Go down

Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost Empty Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost

Post  goldencore Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm

I tried OruxMaps in my car today. Started a log and everything went ok, but after a while I looked again and the logging had stopped completely. I think the Hero lost the GPS signal inbetween.

So my question is: Does logging stop when the GPS-Signal is lost? This would be bad, because this can happen all the time!

goldencore

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost Empty Re: Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost

Post  orux Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 pm

goldencore wrote:I tried OruxMaps in my car today. Started a log and everything went ok, but after a while I looked again and the logging had stopped completely. I think the Hero lost the GPS signal inbetween.

So my question is: Does logging stop when the GPS-Signal is lost? This would be bad, because this can happen all the time!

Hi, goldencore;

That should not have happened.

OruxMaps continues working with no gps signal and waits until android send him a new gps fix.

Which version of OruxMaps are you using, 1.0.0 or 1.1.4beta?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost Empty Re: Logging stops when GPS-Signal is lost

Post  goldencore Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 am

I am using 1.0.0

I will try out some usage again, before I consider this a bug. Maybe I just did something wrong while driving. I'll keep you informed!

goldencore

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi, Benjamin;

I have seen that "Hero" phones are fast taking "guns" and killing processes. They eat a lot of resources; perhaps OruxMaps was killed looking for more resources (memory) for other programs. Next version of OruxMaps v.1.2.0, (I hope in few days) is not quite, but almost "killed-proof", and it will resist, without being killed by the OS.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down