OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using a general database of waypoints?

2 posters

Go down

using a general database of waypoints? Empty using a general database of waypoints?

Post  oruxuser Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi,

i can add Waypoints but they seem to be gone everytime i start a new track.

How can i add a whole bunch of waypoints that can be used and navigated to every time i use oruxmaps with every new track?

Thank you for your help

Catscrash

oruxuser

Back to top Go down

using a general database of waypoints? Empty Re: using a general database of waypoints?

Post  orux Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:44 pm

oruxuser wrote:Hi,

i can add Waypoints but they seem to be gone everytime i start a new track.

How can i add a whole bunch of waypoints that can be used and navigated to every time i use oruxmaps with every new track?

Thank you for your help

Catscrash

Hi,

You can use all the wpts. By default, only current track wpts are displayed. If you want to see all, menu--reset filter.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

using a general database of waypoints? Empty Re: using a general database of waypoints?

Post  volker Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello,

my "problem" with the waypoints is similar and I create several waypoints when on hiking. I demur that waypoints are linked to a track:

- when creating a waypoint, a track is started
- waypoints are stored together with tracks (see the details of a waypoint)
- if you delete a track, the waypoints are also deleted (please correct if I am wrong)
- all waypoints of a track are displayed together with a track
- waypoints of other tracks have to be loaded one by one

If it is possible to store a waypoint not as an extension of a track, but as an independent object, some more functions might make sense:
- display waypoints near to "my position" automatically in map-view
- reduce displayed waypoints depending on the zoom-level
- keep waypoints, when tracks are deleted
- enable a waypoint-view, e.g. overlay a list of waypoints near to my position
- show waypoints independet from a route (currently the route-mode is started when displaying a waypoint)

Perhaps these function are possible with the current oruxmaps-concept. But making the waypoint-operation more comfortable and making more use of a waypoint makes sense for me, too.

Best regards, Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  volker Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:11 pm

volker wrote:Hello,

my "problem" with the waypoints is similar and I create several waypoints when on hiking. I demur that waypoints are linked to a track:

In the meantime I found an easy way to handle several waypoints globally and in a more efficient way. As oruxmaps stores a waypoint at a track, I created a track named "waypoint collection" similar to a POI collection. When setting a waypoint, I load the track and than add the waypoint to this track. By operating this way, all my waypoints can be accessed through this single track.

And more. When displaying the waypoints all at once, you can load the track "waypoint collection" either as a track or as a route. Voila, my waypoints are overlayed. This is realy cool for me :-)

What I miss are two features:
- copy / move delete waypoint between tracks
- load more than one route into the main-map.

Hopefully orux can implement these features

Best regards, Volker

volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:51 pm

volker wrote:Hello,

- when creating a waypoint, a track is started
- waypoints are stored together with tracks (see the details of a waypoint)
- if you delete a track, the waypoints are also deleted (please correct if I am wrong)
- all waypoints of a track are displayed together with a track
- waypoints of other tracks have to be loaded one by one

If it is possible to store a waypoint not as an extension of a track, but as an independent object, some more functions might make sense:
- display waypoints near to "my position" automatically in map-view
- reduce displayed waypoints depending on the zoom-level
- keep waypoints, when tracks are deleted
- enable a waypoint-view, e.g. overlay a list of waypoints near to my position
- show waypoints independet from a route (currently the route-mode is started when displaying a waypoint)

Perhaps these function are possible with the current oruxmaps-concept. But making the waypoint-operation more comfortable and making more use of a waypoint makes sense for me, too.

Best regards, Volker

Thanks, volker, you have good ideas; I will try to implement some with oruxmaps.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down