OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

non-rectangular maps

Go down

non-rectangular maps Empty non-rectangular maps

Post  Pavol Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Hello.

I've downloaded a map from an online source (many png tiles 256 x 256 px). This map is not of rectangular shape, but rather copies the border of our county. I renamed the tiles to mapname_x_y.omc2 Obviously there are not any tiles in the corners (like mapname_0_0.omc2) due to original map shape. According to a map created by Mobile Atlas Creator I wrote my own otrk2.xml file, loaded everything into my phone but OruxMaps did not displayed my map. It is possible to choose that map, however, you see only circles instead of map tiles. I expected that the application would simply not show the tiles, which doesn't exist and the rest, which exist, would be shown.

I'm wondering if it is possible to write some magic to the otrk2.xml file to tell the program exact shape of the map or do I have to put blank tiles, which I would like to avoid, so the map will get rectangular shape? Btw, I haven't found any manual how to write otrk2.xml file, which I would find helpful.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Pavol

Pavol

Back to top Go down

non-rectangular maps Empty Re: non-rectangular maps

Post  orux Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Pavol wrote:Hello.

I've downloaded a map from an online source (many png tiles 256 x 256 px). This map is not of rectangular shape, but rather copies the border of our county. I renamed the tiles to mapname_x_y.omc2 Obviously there are not any tiles in the corners (like mapname_0_0.omc2) due to original map shape. According to a map created by Mobile Atlas Creator I wrote my own otrk2.xml file, loaded everything into my phone but OruxMaps did not displayed my map. It is possible to choose that map, however, you see only circles instead of map tiles. I expected that the application would simply not show the tiles, which doesn't exist and the rest, which exist, would be shown.

I'm wondering if it is possible to write some magic to the otrk2.xml file to tell the program exact shape of the map or do I have to put blank tiles, which I would like to avoid, so the map will get rectangular shape? Btw, I haven't found any manual how to write otrk2.xml file, which I would find helpful.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Pavol

Hi, Pavol;

You can delete .omc2 files, but not rename the files. Sure that OruxMaps can not find the image files.
file_name="" attribute is deprecated.

Last version uses <MapName><![CDATA[MAPA ANDALUCIA]]></MapName> value to compose files path.

sorry for your problems!

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down