OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.5.20 beta

3 posters

Go down

3.5.20 beta Empty 3.5.20 beta

Post  Uli Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Slowly I get used to the new style of 3.5.20 beta.
But I begin to see the advantages.
When I need to switch off Zoom autoload, it means
that I have to click 4 times now. With version 3.5.12 it
needed 2 clicks.
But that might be an exception and one has to do it only now
and then.
Or is there a shorter way?
To start a record I have to click 2 times now. Before it was just one
click. To stop it again 2 clicks.
If I go back to "Old buttons style" I will not come back to the old
Zoom switches. Or am I wrong?
I'll just go on playing with my favorit outdoor program Oruxmaps.
If the weather is ok I'll try the heart rate monitor tomorrow.
Uli

Uli
Uli

Cantidad de envíos : 129

Back to top Go down

3.5.20 beta Empty Re: 3.5.20 beta

Post  orux Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Uli wrote:Slowly I get used to the new style of 3.5.20 beta.
But I begin to see the advantages.
When I need to switch off Zoom autoload, it means
that I have to click 4 times now. With version 3.5.12 it
needed 2 clicks.
But that might be an exception and one has to do it only now
and then.
Or is there a shorter way?
To start a record I have to click 2 times now. Before it was just one
click. To stop it again 2 clicks.
If I go back to "Old buttons style" I will not come back to the old
Zoom switches. Or am I wrong?
I'll just go on playing with my favorit outdoor program Oruxmaps.
If the weather is ok I'll try the heart rate monitor tomorrow.
Uli

Hi, Uli;

I was waiting this kind of advantages Smile

Remember that the sidebars and bottom buttons can still be used and configured to shortcuts.

I know that some options were 'tweaks' to 'two clicks', and are now all in configuration (four clicks) but the previous situation created some confusion.

Anyway, I can always go back and add to 'tweaks' some of the old options that were widely used.

You can use the old style without problems; it is equals to the previous beta (but with tweaks at four clicks).

3.5.20 beta Device20110618193613

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Uli Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:40 am

I'm a bit confused, but I can't get the heart rate reading on the screen.
It is activated but doesn't appear. Altitude, speed and distance are shown ok.
A different topic:
I think I should change to the English Version, because I get confused with the
different expressions and sometimes don't know the English name for a field.
How can I change to the English version?
Uli
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post  Uli Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 am

I just saw with delight that you changed the graphic to red on white.
That is great and much better to see.
I like to show off a bit with that graphic.
People will be impressed :-)

But even there is no heart rate data from my tour this morning.

Uli
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post  Uli Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Sorry to have bothered you this morning.
When I started home from my office everything worked perfect.
Don't ask me what went on this morning.
Readings are ok and the live transfer to mapmytracks is great.
Even heart rate is shown there now.
Again: the graphic red on white looks like a scientific diagram now.
So far I stick to the old style but will try it in future.
Tomorrow I'll try what happens to the heart rate reading when I
leave the device for a break and come back.
Thank you for this wonderful piece of software.
Uli
p.s. it's a pity that android still allows no rooting. So screenshots aren't
possible.
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post  Uli Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Something must be wrong.
Today no heart rate reading appeared.
My eyes are slow but I think I saw contradicting
messages on the screen when I started to record or
stopped record.
Is there a chance that logging started and heart rate
reading was switched off?
I tried it several time logging on and off but
no heart rate reading did show all day.
Uli
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Uli wrote:Something must be wrong.
Today no heart rate reading appeared.
My eyes are slow but I think I saw contradicting
messages on the screen when I started to record or
stopped record.
Is there a chance that logging started and heart rate
reading was switched off?
I tried it several time logging on and off but
no heart rate reading did show all day.
Uli

Hmmmmm

You are using the old style Smile

I think there is a bug, if you use the old buttons; I am going to release a new beta this night, if I can.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycogeek Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 am

I have been testing 3.5.20 beta, and it is very interesting what you have done , amazing.
I did NOT get very far, or spend a lot of time this time, but here are some of the things i rememember about it

i did not like the new button bar, but it is good that you left in the old one, because i can use either.
I use Both of the dashboard styles, depending on how i am viewing it , again Both is so cool.
I am so happy about getting the Top Dashboard back in the alternative style. (2of3 worked)

The new Map selector is very nice display, not only does it look good, but it is very readable and i know what map folder is on and off and all.
map handling and organisation has always been very good cheers
the "full Sheet" tracks and waypoints is a big improvment.

all the descriptions and information are very usefull, and the connection to the manuel should be usefull for newbies, you are getting it very well "documented" as far as operations go, that means a lot less fumbling around.

Things i did not Like at all:
Button button where the heck is the button :-) I have buttons set for top bottom and both sides.
I have the Buttons set to auto hide, i have the main dashboard set to hide on click , this is all wonderfull and what i need.
but
The buttons move all around , now i understand that they Must move to "fit" and to cope with different resolutions, but i never know where the Side autohiding button is Hiding :-) sure i find it by clicking around :-) For example In landscape , the side buttons i have 3 items, it will be at the top, or at the middle, or it will even become scroll as other things come and go. i have no idea how you would fix that, or how to prioritize or lock things down better. But if the side ones would stay Centered more , then i could not miss them. Other possibility is all around the 4 "margins" is "touch control" instead of having to find the button, the whole edge will bring it up.

along with that the curser still goes down to far, when set down, if possible that might be fixed by having a setting for 3 Positions? middle 2/3rds down and 3/4 down?
or
get it all done in one change by having many possible positions , that way when a user has a LOT of dashboard items and they are in north up, they can actually move the curser to the center of the clean part of the map .

also the Curser down position might be usefull in the Direction Orientation (or compass orientation) mode, so in north up mode, and normal mode the curser would usually want to just stay in the center. if curser down was ONLY applied during map rotation modes, it should not have to be switched normally (only in settings)

The new slide out menu thing is soo cool, but the text on it (now) is too small on my high res display, luckily i can read most of it this time, it is just small.

map scale text is also way to small, I am not sure if it was that way before, i have it on to see how far things are, but i probably do not need it.
The excellent "measure" pop-up thing when i drag off of the gps position is enough to see how far away something is, this function is way better than trying to figure out a map scale anyway. dont ever take that out of the program, because it is pure genious and does not get in the way of anything.

Tweaks was missing something i needed , something that was there before, orientation?or curser down? i had to go 5 clicks down to switch it. with my crappy GPS i dont use the rotation untill i get a really good lock, otherwise when walking slow it rotates to much.

of course many many other things are working great, and are really good implemenations of things for the hiking and walking and stuff i do.
it is nice to work with a BETA that does not crash and fail. the program is still being stable. anyone should be able to test it without trouble

i am getting around to beta 5.22 now, because you added one more thing i would like to see. mabey 3d will work for me with your new picture handling.
keep it up, it is going along great.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Psycogeek wrote:I have been testing 3.5.20 beta, and it is very interesting what you have done , amazing.
I did NOT get very far, or spend a lot of time this time, but here are some of the things i rememember about it

i did not like the new button bar, but it is good that you left in the old one, because i can use either.
I use Both of the dashboard styles, depending on how i am viewing it , again Both is so cool.
I am so happy about getting the Top Dashboard back in the alternative style. (2of3 worked)

The new Map selector is very nice display, not only does it look good, but it is very readable and i know what map folder is on and off and all.
map handling and organisation has always been very good cheers
the "full Sheet" tracks and waypoints is a big improvment.

all the descriptions and information are very usefull, and the connection to the manuel should be usefull for newbies, you are getting it very well "documented" as far as operations go, that means a lot less fumbling around.

Things i did not Like at all:
Button button where the heck is the button :-) I have buttons set for top bottom and both sides.
I have the Buttons set to auto hide, i have the main dashboard set to hide on click , this is all wonderfull and what i need.
but
The buttons move all around , now i understand that they Must move to "fit" and to cope with different resolutions, but i never know where the Side autohiding button is Hiding :-) sure i find it by clicking around :-) For example In landscape , the side buttons i have 3 items, it will be at the top, or at the middle, or it will even become scroll as other things come and go. i have no idea how you would fix that, or how to prioritize or lock things down better. But if the side ones would stay Centered more , then i could not miss them. Other possibility is all around the 4 "margins" is "touch control" instead of having to find the button, the whole edge will bring it up.

along with that the curser still goes down to far, when set down, if possible that might be fixed by having a setting for 3 Positions? middle 2/3rds down and 3/4 down?
or
get it all done in one change by having many possible positions , that way when a user has a LOT of dashboard items and they are in north up, they can actually move the curser to the center of the clean part of the map .

also the Curser down position might be usefull in the Direction Orientation (or compass orientation) mode, so in north up mode, and normal mode the curser would usually want to just stay in the center. if curser down was ONLY applied during map rotation modes, it should not have to be switched normally (only in settings)

The new slide out menu thing is soo cool, but the text on it (now) is too small on my high res display, luckily i can read most of it this time, it is just small.

map scale text is also way to small, I am not sure if it was that way before, i have it on to see how far things are, but i probably do not need it.
The excellent "measure" pop-up thing when i drag off of the gps position is enough to see how far away something is, this function is way better than trying to figure out a map scale anyway. dont ever take that out of the program, because it is pure genious and does not get in the way of anything.

Tweaks was missing something i needed , something that was there before, orientation?or curser down? i had to go 5 clicks down to switch it. with my crappy GPS i dont use the rotation untill i get a really good lock, otherwise when walking slow it rotates to much.

of course many many other things are working great, and are really good implemenations of things for the hiking and walking and stuff i do.
it is nice to work with a BETA that does not crash and fail. the program is still being stable. anyone should be able to test it without trouble

i am getting around to beta 5.22 now, because you added one more thing i would like to see. mabey 3d will work for me with your new picture handling.
keep it up, it is going along great.

Hi, Psycogeek;

With .22:

The side buttons bar should be glued to the top.

Old 'tweaks' are now at 3 clicks, like before Wink -->map button--settings (or wpts--settings, or track--settings)

I will try to add a new cursor position, 2/3 from top. And a dynamic cursor, based on dashboard size.

Working with some other things,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycogeek Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:08 pm

"The side buttons bar should be glued to the top."

That might be why it moves TO the top. when other things are not in the way.
if it was centered (instead) it might be better for me, but i dont know how that would be for Portrait modes, or other users.
the Right side buttons are closest to my fingers when it is center.

Psycogeek

Cantidad de envíos : 53

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down