OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS

3 posters

Go down

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Empty Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS

Post  Wirring Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 am

Hi

I am testing with an 'old' iTrek Z1 (aka iBlue 757) gpslogger with bluetooth.
I have paired the GPS device with my Android devices (I am testing on both a HTC Legend and a Acer A500 Tablet)
In Settings to Orux I have setup the use of exetnal GPS; that it shall try to reconnect if Bluetotth connecting is broken and last that it should give an alarm if the Bluetooth connecting is broken.

But as far as can see on the Led's on the GPS there are not created any connect and Orux uses instead the internal GPS.

Now
1. Could there be something I have missed in the setup ?
2. If it works for other people it could be a fault on my iTrek Z1, so if anybody out there have it working with another GPS logger I like to known the brand and model for buying one.

Erik Wirring
Denmark
Wirring
Wirring

Cantidad de envíos : 5

http://www.wirring.dk

Back to top Go down

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Empty Re: Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS

Post  orux Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Wirring wrote:Hi

I am testing with an 'old' iTrek Z1 (aka iBlue 757) gpslogger with bluetooth.
I have paired the GPS device with my Android devices (I am testing on both a HTC Legend and a Acer A500 Tablet)
In Settings to Orux I have setup the use of exetnal GPS; that it shall try to reconnect if Bluetotth connecting is broken and last that it should give an alarm if the Bluetooth connecting is broken.

But as far as can see on the Led's on the GPS there are not created any connect and Orux uses instead the internal GPS.

Now
1. Could there be something I have missed in the setup ?
2. If it works for other people it could be a fault on my iTrek Z1, so if anybody out there have it working with another GPS logger I like to known the brand and model for buying one.

Erik Wirring
Denmark

Hi, Erik;

You have to select the MAC of your bluetooth gps clicking in settings--gps-->'external gps'

Then you will see a new button to start the external gps:

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Device20110814141511

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Empty Re: Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS

Post  Wirring Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks Orux!

It works fine. Sometimes one does not see what is in front of ones nose Very Happy
Wirring
Wirring

http://www.wirring.dk

Back to top Go down

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Empty delay time with ext btgps

Post  caiovito Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 am

Hi all,

yesterday i try the ext gps. Mine is a old nemericx bt77 ( 16 channel, if i remeber well!?!? )

All is good , connection, precision of position , data, tracks, but all is in delay time ( more or less 15 - 20 second) . So in real time is unusable to check position.

Any idea?

Waiting yuor answer , have a nice time.

claudio

caiovito

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm

caiovito wrote:Hi all,

yesterday i try the ext gps. Mine is a old nemericx bt77 ( 16 channel, if i remeber well!?!? )

All is good , connection, precision of position , data, tracks, but all is in delay time ( more or less 15 - 20 second) . So in real time is unusable to check position.

Any idea?

claudio

Hi, claudio;

The position are displayed when received from gps, without delay (well, miliseconds of delay).

Perhaps you talk about a delay between track points saved into the track? This is configurable, settings, gps, minimal time/distance.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  caiovito Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:16 pm

orux wrote:

Any idea?

claudio

Hi, claudio;

The position are displayed when received from gps, without delay (well, miliseconds of delay).

Perhaps you talk about a delay between track points saved into the track? This is configurable, settings, gps, minimal time/distance.

orux

Hi, Orux

thanks for fast answer. But i'm sure that is not a the delay time on rec tracks. because i put 10 metrs and every 1 second. and i try also with fast speed gps.

it is incredible. the track is displayed perfectly ( with great accurancy) but ( in road moviment on the car is incredible see that you stay turn in a way that you have turned 20 second ego. or you stay waiting for a red signal and you see on the display that you arrive at the cross .)

is like the clock of extgps and the clock in the phone are not the same.

very very stange!

waiting for idea!

PS: i have to sign another bug:
today i also try the 3d map vision with autorotate option, on a: ( osm cycle , or hike and bike map stored in a off line maps 14 and 15 level zoom ) when you go on the car at the normal city car speed ( 40 60 kmh) when you make a fast bend, the map go out and stay out of display more then 3 or 4 second. If you are rec the track a lot of errors are show on the display.
when you swichtoff the 3d option all became normal.

Phone is : lg p970 ( optimus black ) froyo 2,2 orginal not rooted.

Work in progress!

have a nice time

caiovito

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm

caiovito wrote:
orux wrote:

Any idea?

claudio

Hi, claudio;

orux

Hi, Orux

thanks for fast answer. But i'm sure that is not a the delay time on rec tracks. because i put 10 metrs and every 1 second. and i try also with fast speed gps.

it is incredible. the track is displayed perfectly ( with great accurancy) but ( in road moviment on the car is incredible see that you stay turn in a way that you have turned 20 second ego. or you stay waiting for a red signal and you see on the display that you arrive at the cross .)

is like the clock of extgps and the clock in the phone are not the same.

very very stange!

waiting for idea!

PS: i have to sign another bug:
today i also try the 3d map vision with autorotate option, on a: ( osm cycle , or hike and bike map stored in a off line maps 14 and 15 level zoom ) when you go on the car at the normal city car speed ( 40 60 kmh) when you make a fast bend, the map go out and stay out of display more then 3 or 4 second. If you are rec the track a lot of errors are show on the display.
when you swichtoff the 3d option all became normal.

Phone is : lg p970 ( optimus black ) froyo 2,2 orginal not rooted.

Work in progress!

have a nice time

Hi, Claudio;

I think I know what happens:

OruxMaps uses two NMEA sentences from the external GPS:
GPGGA for getting lat/lon and altitude.
GPRMC for speed and bearing.

Normally those sentences are consecutive. But if your gps sends one of them each 10-20 seconds, you will see that strange effect.

Install 'Bluetooth GPS' application. Check 'NMEA logs' tab and see if you see one of those sentences per second, more or less.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Empty following your istruction

Post  caiovito Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:22 am

Hi Orux,

here are the result of following your way suggest.

Has anybody success with using an external blutooth GPS Nmeasentence

I don't understand perfectly the sentence , but i have to say you that the delay time is not in Oruxmaps tool, because i try with this program and also with this tool: when the accurancy is good, i start to walk, and 20 second later the display speed start, walking for a minute and then stop walk and the speed showed on the display becoming 0,0 kmh after 20 second. perfect delay !!!

my btgps is : nemerics bt77

Waiting idea, have a nice time

Claudio

caiovito

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:22 pm

caiovito wrote:Hi Orux,

here are the result of following your way suggest.

I don't understand perfectly the sentence , but i have to say you that the delay time is not in Oruxmaps tool, because i try with this program and also with this tool: when the accurancy is good, i start to walk, and 20 second later the display speed start, walking for a minute and then stop walk and the speed showed on the display becoming 0,0 kmh after 20 second. perfect delay !!!

my btgps is : nemerics bt77

Waiting idea, have a nice time

Claudio

Hi;

You can see the time of the gps sentences here:
$GPGGA,180630.00,4043.1799316,N,00356.580017,W,1,6,0.0,0.0,M,0.0,M,,0*7e
-->18:06:30
$GPRMC,145026.000,A,4036.8284,N,00342.7708,W,0.55,105.49,040710,,,A*79
-->14:50:26

Compare these times with your clock (if synchronised).

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down