OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donate Version

2 posters

Go down

Donate Version Empty Donate Version

Post  BarrySamuels Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Having been using the free version for just over a year I thought it about time I made a donation. I saw that you now have a donate version on the market so I downloaded that. I now have two entries for Oruxmaps in my Market list and two icons in my applications list, one with a little dollar sign on it and one without.

Is is safe to 'uninstall' the free version or is there really only one version installed which would then be uninstalled?

P.S. Although I can change the path to the maps directory if I try to change the path to the tracks directory it is apparently ignored. Why is that?

BarrySamuels

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Donate Version Empty Re: Donate Version

Post  orux Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 pm

BarrySamuels wrote:Having been using the free version for just over a year I thought it about time I made a donation. I saw that you now have a donate version on the market so I downloaded that. I now have two entries for Oruxmaps in my Market list and two icons in my applications list, one with a little dollar sign on it and one without.

Is is safe to 'uninstall' the free version or is there really only one version installed which would then be uninstalled?

P.S. Although I can change the path to the maps directory if I try to change the path to the tracks directory it is apparently ignored. Why is that?

Hi;

Thanks;

They work just identical, just change the icon. You can remove the free version without any problems.

Before you can export the preferences (settings) of the free version and import them into the donate version. The old default profile will appear in the list of profiles with com.orux.oruxmaps_preferences name.

The directory tracks can be changed without problems, what does not work?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  BarrySamuels Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:25 pm

orux wrote:The directory tracks can be changed without problems, what does not work?

My 'phone has two 'sdcards', one which it calls 'sdcard' which is not removable and which is just a partition on the phones internal storage and one which is mounted on a sub-directory of the sdcard, named '_ExternalSD', which is the removable sdcard. Oruxmaps uses the sdcard directory by default.

I wanted Oruxmaps to store data on the _ExternalSD card so I copied the oruxmaps directory on 'sdcard' to '_ExternalSD' with all its contents. I then set the paths in the Oruxmaps settings to point to those directories. If I then rename the oruxmaps/mapfiles directory I still see all my maps which are in the _External/oruxmaps/mapfiles directory which is what I would expect.

However if I do the same with the tracklogs directory all the tracks and waypoints disappear even though the path is set to _ExternalSD/oruxmaps/tracklogs. It appears to still be looking in sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs which has been renamed and which it cannot now find.

I hope that explanation is understandable.

BarrySamuels

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:44 pm

BarrySamuels wrote:
orux wrote:The directory tracks can be changed without problems, what does not work?

My 'phone has two 'sdcards', one which it calls 'sdcard' which is not removable and which is just a partition on the phones internal storage and one which is mounted on a sub-directory of the sdcard, named '_ExternalSD', which is the removable sdcard. Oruxmaps uses the sdcard directory by default.

I wanted Oruxmaps to store data on the _ExternalSD card so I copied the oruxmaps directory on 'sdcard' to '_ExternalSD' with all its contents. I then set the paths in the Oruxmaps settings to point to those directories. If I then rename the oruxmaps/mapfiles directory I still see all my maps which are in the _External/oruxmaps/mapfiles directory which is what I would expect.

However if I do the same with the tracklogs directory all the tracks and waypoints disappear even though the path is set to _ExternalSD/oruxmaps/tracklogs. It appears to still be looking in sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs which has been renamed and which it cannot now find.

I hope that explanation is understandable.

Ok,

I understand. You will find the exported gpx/kml in the new directory, but the tracks/wpts are stored in a sqlite database which is always (like other files, such as online map configuration xml and wms) inside /oruxmaps/ directory inside the default SD card. The problem now arises with devices that have more than one sdcard.

This is not solved yet.

orux

orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down