OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Display adjustment

Go down

Display adjustment Empty Display adjustment

Post  tim Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 am

I installed it on a Acer Liquid and it looks great.
But with Google map, the items and characters displayed are so small that they are hardly recognizable without a magnifier. I can not find a function to adjust the display to get a comfortable view.

Is it possible to add a zoom display function to let the user adjust display to fit their eyesight or their device?

Tim

tim

Back to top Go down

Display adjustment Empty Re: Display adjustment

Post  orux Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

tim wrote:I installed it on a Acer Liquid and it looks great.
But with Google map, the items and characters displayed are so small that they are hardly recognizable without a magnifier. I can not find a function to adjust the display to get a comfortable view.

Is it possible to add a zoom display function to let the user adjust display to fit their eyesight or their device?

Tim

Hi, Tim;

Text and graphics must comply with the resolution of the screen, it's how you see them (it is a 800x480 screen)?
Display adjustment Devicean

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  tim Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:51 am

Yes, it is 800x400 screen.
I found different applications display in different sizes. The native Google Map application display in a comfortable size.
The character in Oruxmap is smaller and hard to read. So I guess there ought to be a way to set the zoom level of display.

The first capture is from Oruxmap and the second is from Google Map

Display adjustment Oruxmap
Display adjustment Googleav

tim

Back to top Go down

Post  tim Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:52 am

Sorry, it is 800x480 screen.

tim

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm

tim wrote:Sorry, it is 800x480 screen.

Hi, tim;

I am investigating a solution.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Display adjustment Empty Display Adjustment

Post  Rich Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:54 am

Yes, my concern also. Orux maps is GREAT for backpacking. I've created maps from Google Terrain -- works GREAT!!! The only issue is that on my Droid I must use a magnifying glass to read the elevations & street names. Zooming in on the map loads a new set of map tiles with more map detail, but the elevation numbers and street names are smaller, and still unreadable without magnification. It would be most helpful to be able to zoom and pan the screen but stay with the SAME set of map tiles.

Thanks for a great program!

Rich

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:31 am

Rich wrote:Yes, my concern also. Orux maps is GREAT for backpacking. I've created maps from Google Terrain -- works GREAT!!! The only issue is that on my Droid I must use a magnifying glass to read the elevations & street names. Zooming in on the map loads a new set of map tiles with more map detail, but the elevation numbers and street names are smaller, and still unreadable without magnification. It would be most helpful to be able to zoom and pan the screen but stay with the SAME set of map tiles.

Thanks, Rich;

With current version you can only use digital zoom with first/last zoom levels. I am going to enable digital zoom with all layers (perhaps using volume keys).

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Rich wrote:Yes, my concern also. Orux maps is GREAT for backpacking. I've created maps from Google Terrain -- works GREAT!!! The only issue is that on my Droid I must use a magnifying glass to read the elevations & street names. Zooming in on the map loads a new set of map tiles with more map detail, but the elevation numbers and street names are smaller, and still unreadable without magnification. It would be most helpful to be able to zoom and pan the screen but stay with the SAME set of map tiles.

Hi, Rich;

last beta (2.3.4) supports digital zoom with volume keys, for each layers.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down