OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multitracking

5 posters

Go down

Multitracking Empty Multitracking

Post  pbarriquand Sat May 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Hello,
Sorry for my English I'm french and my english is bad.
First I want to say Thank you, your application is very very good, thanks a lot.
I have a little problem with multi tracking. I try to use it I have two android device connect to internet by wifi. I have create two multi tracking account. I have activate the sharing and the get position function on the both device. When I activate the gps on each device I can see the position of the device I use but not the position of the second device. I probably miss something. Can you help me ? I didn't find anything about multi tracking on Internet.
Thancks for your help
Paul

pbarriquand

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Multitracking Empty Re: Multitracking

Post  orux Sat May 12, 2012 3:33 pm

pbarriquand wrote:Hello,
Sorry for my English I'm french and my english is bad.
First I want to say Thank you, your application is very very good, thanks a lot.
I have a little problem with multi tracking. I try to use it I have two android device connect to internet by wifi. I have create two multi tracking account. I have activate the sharing and the get position function on the both device. When I activate the gps on each device I can see the position of the device I use but not the position of the second device. I probably miss something. Can you help me ? I didn't find anything about multi tracking on Internet.
Thancks for your help
Paul

Hi;

Multritacking system needs GPS position fixes, were receiving correct signal from the GPS, or was fast positioning by network?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pbarriquand Mon May 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks for your answer,

I have test again. I have a fix GPS position and a good wifi connection. When I click on synchronize with server I have a message "Friends updated" . I think that it means that it's works. But I don't have anything on my screen I have only the position of my device. The position of the second device is not on my screen. Perhaps I have something to activate ? Do I need to activate an option to start the multi tracking and have the position of the second device on the sreen of the first one ?
Thanks again
Paul

pbarriquand

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  uwes Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi orux,

sorry, but I have a similar problem.

I am testing multitracking with 2 friends. all accounts are setup and shown up in every device.

GPS started and Fix set, multitracking started.

But - we are not able to locate / see each other. Do we have switch on something else to get it working?

Thx,

Br uwes

uwes

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Multitracking Empty Same problem here

Post  RichZ Mon May 28, 2012 2:58 pm

OruxMaps 4.8.37, have registered two devices and multitracking accounts, added and synchronised with server. No indication that anything is happening at all.

RichZ

Cantidad de envíos : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi there Orux,

I haven't been able to get Multitracking working. Is there a problem with the server?

Any developments with GpsGate Server?

Icarus

Cantidad de envíos : 104

Back to top Go down

Multitracking Empty declare it officially broken?

Post  RichZ Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:45 pm

if it does not work at all it would be good to declare it officially broken so people don't waste time trying to configure things.

As of alternatives I believe sharing location via plain email or chat (XMPP) would be way easier to implement and much more robust than relying on third party servers.

Last edited by RichZ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

RichZ

Cantidad de envíos : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Orux did mention that GpsGate Server integration might be incorporated at some point. GpsGate Server can be set up on your home machine, supports some very capable tracking features and is free for up to 5 users.

http://gpsgate.com/products/gpsgate_server

I would be good to know if multitracking is officially broken!

Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi Orux,

Still having trouble getting anyone else to display with Multitracking.

Could you clarify if there's anything else needed besides the 'Friends' to be set up?

Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:23 am

Hi Orux,

I'm trying to fault-find what's stopping Multitracking working on a tablet connected by a portable wifi device. I think it may have something to do with port forwarding from the tablet running OruxMaps via the internet service device (they a separate things).

Unlike a 3G phone, this setup is a bit more complex for getting the Multitracking packets to the correct destination.

What ports does the Multitracking function use? Is it standard http (80) or udp or something else - http server (8080)?

Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Icarus wrote:Hi Orux,

I'm trying to fault-find what's stopping Multitracking working on a tablet connected by a portable wifi device. I think it may have something to do with port forwarding from the tablet running OruxMaps via the internet service device (they a separate things).

Unlike a 3G phone, this setup is a bit more complex for getting the Multitracking packets to the correct destination.

What ports does the Multitracking function use? Is it standard http (80) or udp or something else - http server (8080)?

Hi, Icarus;

It is using https-->443

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Multitracking Empty Multitracking - Fixed Now!

Post  Icarus Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks Orux,

Multitracking is now working fine! I'm not sure what changed, but port forwarding wasn't required. Has anything recently changed at your end?

A few suggestions for improvement -

1. Can you provide a method to change the symbol for 'friends' to something other than the symbols provided. I'd like to have an aircraft symbol.

2. Can you take the GPS Course from the GPS message and orientate the 'friend' symbol in the correct direction. This is being used in an aviation environment where the direction of the other aircraft is important.

3. A visual flashing notification is needed when another aircraft is within the set distance. The Proximity Alarm is not audible over the engine noise.

Thanks for your assistance.

Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Icarus Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Orux,

Hoping you can look at the suggestion provided previously. Using the GPS Course to orientate the friend symbol would be very helpful.

Cheers!

Icarus

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Icarus wrote:Hi Orux,

Hoping you can look at the suggestion provided previously. Using the GPS Course to orientate the friend symbol would be very helpful.

Cheers!

Hi, added to my TODO list. But I can't promise a date.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down