OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14

3 posters

Go down

opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14 Empty opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14

Post  steed Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 am

Hi,

I'm unable to use opencyclemaptheme.xml to change the theme of the "Opencyclemap->mapsforge" map.

I've placed the file in the /mnt/extSdCard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ directory, where all maps are located, as I understood the documentation:

online Mapnik & Opencyclemap->mapsforge using the new library. You can add a render theme: copy the render theme in oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder with file names mapniktheme.xml and opencyclemaptheme.xml
The contents of my opencyclemaptheme.xml file is simple:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rendertheme xmlns="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://mapsforge.org/renderTheme ../renderTheme.xsd" version="1" map-background="#f8f8f8">

<!-- render land above water -->
  <rule e="way" k="*" v="*">
    <rule e="way" k="natural" v="sea">
      <area fill="#0000ff" />
    </rule>
    <rule e="way" k="natural" v="nosea">
      <area fill="#00ff00" stroke="#00ff00" stroke-width="1.0" />
    </rule>
  </rule>
</rendertheme>
My expectation was to see seas in pure blue and land in pure green, and nothing else. Instead, the usual map shows, with roads, contour lines for heights, etc.

Clearing the map cache for "Opencyclemap->mapsforge" map did not make a difference, and I get the same results with the 4.8.61 release.

Thanks

steed

Cantidad de envíos : 21

Back to top Go down

opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14 Empty Re: opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14

Post  kech61 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Steed,

Hmmm, maybe there are changes how Oruxmaps handles custom render themes in the new beta.
With the official release the themes have to be renamed to the mapname:
so the theme valid for austria.map have to be named austria.map.xml.

As for Land/Sea tiles:
If you want to have a green background your way to render "nosea" in green will lead you into troubles:
- The sea/nosea polygons are only included in maps where they are needed (there are no such polygons included in maps like Austria, Switzerland etc..)
- Countrys/Maps with only one border to the sea include sea/nosea only as far as there is need for this (eg Germany_Noth includes sea/nosea only north of N53.20)
The reason is that these polygons couse an ernormous amount of data overhead and have to be rendered in realtime on the phone.

@Orux
Do you have changed the handling of custom renderthemes in the new beta?

best regards
Christian
www.openandromaps.org

kech61

Cantidad de envíos : 67

Back to top Go down

opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14 Empty Re: opencyclemaptheme.xml ignored in Beta 5.0.14

Post  steed Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi,

Maybe I was not clear. I'm referring to the ability to change the rendering scheme of the built-in "Cyclemap -> Mapsforge" online map, not an offline .map file.

As for the theme itself, its not really what I want... I just wanted a simple enough theme that I can clearly see its impact. In fact, I started with trying to create a custom theme for several highway types, with no visible impact.

@Orux
What am I doing wrong in trying to apply a custom theme to the "Cyclemap -> Mapsforge" online map?

Best regards,
Steed

steed

Back to top Go down

Post  kech61 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:24 am

steed wrote:Hi,

Maybe I was not clear. I'm referring to the ability to change the rendering scheme of the built-in "Cyclemap -> Mapsforge" online map, not an offline .map file.

Hi Steed,

There is no Mapsforge online map, Mapsforge is a pure offline solution,
online means opencyclemap where the theme could not be changed
(you receiving ready rendered, simple pictures online from the server)

best regards
Christian

kech61

Cantidad de envíos : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  steed Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 am

Hi Christian,

On a different thread, Orux said otherwise: (I did the underlining)
orux wrote:Hi, Thomas; thanks.

You should see Opencyclemap-->mapsforge in the online maps sources.

This map is download as a vector map using mapsforge library.

orux
Oruxmaps uses the mapsfourge library to download the online map a vector map, and render it locally on the device. The same raw vector map can be rendered using the two built-in rendering schemes for Mapnik and Opencyclemap, accessible through the on-line maps list.

According to the "NEWS 4.8.25" section in the English Manual, you can add your own rendering theme:
You can add a render theme
Which is exactly what I'm trying to do.

@Orux: please help us understand the situation

steed

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:36 pm

steed wrote:Hi Christian,

On a different thread, Orux said otherwise: (I did the underlining)
orux wrote:Hi, Thomas; thanks.

You should see Opencyclemap-->mapsforge in the online maps sources.

This map is download as a vector map using mapsforge library.

orux
Oruxmaps uses the mapsfourge library to download the online map a vector map, and render it locally on the device. The same raw vector map can be rendered using the two built-in rendering schemes for Mapnik and Opencyclemap, accessible through the on-line maps list.

According to the "NEWS 4.8.25" section in the English Manual, you can add your own rendering theme:
You can add a render theme
Which is exactly what I'm trying to do.

@Orux: please help us understand the situation

Hello;

sorry for the delay;

Something is not working well with online maps. I will investigate.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  steed Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Orux,
Did you find the cause of problem?
Steed

steed

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 pm

steed wrote:Hi Orux,
Did you find the cause of problem?
Steed

Still not;

but I am afraid that the file is not used for online maps.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  steed Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Checking again

steed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down