OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~

Go down

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~ Empty Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~

Post  newnaw Sun May 16, 2010 5:53 pm

First of all, I like riding bike for long long way~~And it's nessesary for me to log my travelling track.
For past years, I used windows mobile phone with OZI CE as my gps app, and it's just great. When I intend to buy a android phone, I confused, because I lost my best gps app...
When I found Oruxmaps, I cried... Smile This is just the very app I want, with functionality such as offline map, track logging, waypoint logging and exporting...
Thanks for your great work!

Now I found Mobile Atlas Creator for creating my offline map, and I know it's not easy to read ozf2/ozf3 file directly. However, if Oruxmaps can supports single file offline map, such as sqllite database of BigPlanet/RMaps, Oruxmaps is absolutely the best app on android Wink

ps:I'm not sure if there is a reason for you to keep your own offline map format(a lot of map cache files), for example, retrieving map tile from a single sqllite database could be more power consume behavior becasue of the extracting action?(I'm familiar with ArcGIS Server, it used lot's of files as the map cache format) Surprised

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~ Empty ps

Post  newnaw Sun May 16, 2010 5:56 pm

btw, hello from China Smile

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~ Empty Re: Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~

Post  orux Sun May 16, 2010 6:09 pm

newnaw wrote:btw, hello from China Smile

Thanks;

with 2.6 or later you can use sqlite with oruxmaps;

see (at the end of first post)-->https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/260-in-the-market-t234.htm

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~ Empty thanks very much for reply

Post  newnaw Mon May 17, 2010 6:30 am

I found the MobileAtlasCreator1.8alpha5OruxMapsTest.zip supporting Ourxmaps Sqlite Very Happy I think it will be good to write this explicitly on the Manual page

And may I ask if there is a plan for Oruxmaps to support cellphone base station locating, in addition to GPS locating?

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~ Empty Re: Oruxmaps makes up my mind to choose android~~

Post  orux Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

newnaw wrote:I found the MobileAtlasCreator1.8alpha5OruxMapsTest.zip supporting Ourxmaps Sqlite Very Happy I think it will be good to write this explicitly on the Manual page

And may I ask if there is a plan for Oruxmaps to support cellphone base station locating, in addition to GPS locating?

Hi;

You are right; I will add an advise on Manual page.

Next version will add networking support for quick first location fix.

But the accuracy is very poor in outdoor activities.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  newnaw Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 am

thanks for your tremendous work~ cheers

newnaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down