OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map orientation and rotation

2 posters

Go down

Map orientation and rotation Empty Map orientation and rotation

Post  kilowatt Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:34 pm

One of the maps I use a lot (navigation for a lake) does not have north oriented toward the top. Up on this map is around North-east. This was done so they could fit a larger image of the lake on the map. It would be nice if OruxMaps would calculate and adjust it idea of which way is north when it loads a map like this one. The way it seems to works now OruxMaps expects north to be up. If I use any Map Orientation options like direction up, Arrow, Compass or Map orientation they do not work right with this map.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by Kilowatt on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

kilowatt

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Map orientation and rotation Empty Re: Map orientation and rotation

Post  orux Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Kilowatt wrote:One of the maps I use a lot (navigation for a lake) does not have north oriented toward the top. Up on this map is around North-west. This was done so they could fit a larger image of the lake on the map. It would be nice if OruxMaps would calculate and adjust it idea of which way is north when it loads a map like this one. The way it seems to works now OruxMaps expects north to be up. If I use any Map Orientation options like direction up, Arrow, Compass or Map orientation they do not work right with this map.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, Mark;

Perhaps you want to test this version -->https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/new-beta-284-t362.htm

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  kilowatt Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Wow, That was quick. This version seems to work pretty well. I'm not in the area of the map at this time so I can't test it live but it work under the brows maps option. I'll try to test it live later this week and post how that goes.

One thing I noticed... When I pan around the map it doesn't move in the direction of my finger. It moves in the direction for the way the map would have been displayed prior to this fix. It looks like you need to take the offset into account while calculating the scroll direction. Otherwise the fix is great and works well.

Thank I'm loving the program. Very well done.

Mark

kilowatt

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Kilowatt wrote:Wow, That was quick. This version seems to work pretty well. I'm not in the area of the map at this time so I can't test it live but it work under the brows maps option. I'll try to test it live later this week and post how that goes.

One thing I noticed... When I pan around the map it doesn't move in the direction of my finger. It moves in the direction for the way the map would have been displayed prior to this fix. It looks like you need to take the offset into account while calculating the scroll direction. Otherwise the fix is great and works well.

Thank I'm loving the program. Very well done.

Mark

Hi, Kilowatt;

try this modified version --> https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/new-beta-284-t362.htm

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  kilowatt Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Orux,

Nope still scrolls at an angle when the map is in one of the rotation modes. The maps scrolls correctly if it is in one of the modes that does not rotate the map from it's default (top up) position.

This map has the bearing of 45 degrees toward the top. I set the "Map Orientation" to "Compass + Map orientation". Now (since previous fix) the compass shows north properly aligned to the map and the map rotates. If I face north, the compass and map north is up as it should be. If I pan the map by moving my finger from top of the screen straight toward the bottom the map scrolls at an angle with the portion at the top right moving toward the bottom left. Actually facing north is not important. Anyway I face the map moves at about a 45 degree angle moving from upper right toward lower left when it should move straight down.

When I pan across by moving my finger from left toward right the map scrolls from upper left toward lower right.

So it seems the scroll direction for rotated maps needs to have the map orientation offset worked in to the calculation.

Again I'm only testing in the "Browse Maps" mode since I'm not near the map location. I'll test the "Actual Location" mode later this week when I'm in the right area.

Mark

kilowatt

Back to top Go down

Post  kilowatt Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Orux,

I was able to test this fix live using the map in "Actual location" mode this past weekend. The map rotation fix works great. Thanks so much for fixing this. The only issue I still find is strange the panning of the map when it is rotated that I had mentioned above. This is not a big deal for me but I wanted to make sure you were aware of this in case you want to make the fix complete.

Thanks again for this great application and you quick response to reported issues.

Mark

kilowatt

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Kilowatt wrote:Orux,

I was able to test this fix live using the map in "Actual location" mode this past weekend. The map rotation fix works great. Thanks so much for fixing this. The only issue I still find is strange the panning of the map when it is rotated that I had mentioned above. This is not a big deal for me but I wanted to make sure you were aware of this in case you want to make the fix complete.

Thanks again for this great application and you quick response to reported issues.

Mark

Hi, Mark;

Thanks;

I have changed the beta link, because _1 beta update was pointing to the previous update Smile

Please, test the last _2 version---->https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/new-beta-284_2-t362.htm#1543

The problem when scrolling the map should be solved.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  kilowatt Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Orux,

Your right that version seems to work perfectly! Thanks so much.

As far as I can tell this bug is all fixed.

Mark

kilowatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down