OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Offline map database never stores some tiles (v5.5.3 donate)

Go down

Offline map database never stores some tiles (v5.5.3 donate) Empty Offline map database never stores some tiles (v5.5.3 donate)

Post  goosiebn on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:02 am

If I delete the database (by way of example), use the map Ordnance SM (UK), use zoom levels 14 & 15, digitally zoom out, browse around and effectively cache the local area, at some point over the next day or so I discover that one of the tiles (usually at zoom 14, the scale I use the most) never caches. If I Lock Downloads I can spot it, but I usually spot it because while on mobile data there's a delay in the tile showing, before it downloads and the tile shows correctly for the session, but when I go back into OruxMaps, it is not there and needs to download. The tile never downloads, however it is a different tile that never downloads when I delete the database.

I have a copy of a database with this problem in Dropbox if you want to see the file.

goosiebn

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Offline map database never stores some tiles (v5.5.3 donate) Empty Re: Offline map database never stores some tiles (v5.5.3 donate)

Post  orux on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:19 pm

goosiebn wrote:If I delete the database (by way of example), use the map Ordnance SM (UK), use zoom levels 14 & 15, digitally zoom out, browse around and effectively cache the local area, at some point over the next day or so I discover that one of the tiles (usually at zoom 14, the scale I use the most) never caches.  If I Lock Downloads I can spot it, but I usually spot it because while on mobile data there's a delay in the tile showing, before it downloads and the tile shows correctly for the session, but when I go back into OruxMaps, it is not there and needs to download.  The tile never downloads, however it is a different tile that never downloads when I delete the database.

I have a copy of a database with this problem in Dropbox if you want to see the file.

You're right, if there is already a wrong tile in the database (corrupt, for example) oruxmaps does not replace that tile, and always will fail. I will change the insertion algorithm.

orux

orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum