OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just downloaded, here are my thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Just downloaded, here are my thoughts Empty Just downloaded, here are my thoughts

Post  terry222 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 am

First off, great application. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Works like a champ and is reliable.

Things I can't figure out.

~ Mark a point, label it, save it and have it available next time I open the map. I've been playing around with the offline maps mostly and everytime I mark a point it's gone next time I open the map. Is this just me or is it something the app doesn't do yet?

~ Import points. I'd really like to see an app like this become the backbone of other apps. To do that they need to be able to bring in points and paths and reference them. I'm not a programmer but I don't think that's doable right now. The sort of app I'm thinking about would be something like a golf application. You need to mark the holes so users can see how far away they are from the pin. Or another application would be setting up paths that you want to hike on. Doing it all through the map interface tends to be a little bit tedious.

Still an awsome app though. I don't think this is leaving my phone for a very long time.

terry222

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Just downloaded, here are my thoughts Empty Re: Just downloaded, here are my thoughts

Post  orux Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm

terry222 wrote:First off, great application. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Works like a champ and is reliable.

Things I can't figure out.

~ Mark a point, label it, save it and have it available next time I open the map. I've been playing around with the offline maps mostly and everytime I mark a point it's gone next time I open the map. Is this just me or is it something the app doesn't do yet?

~ Import points. I'd really like to see an app like this become the backbone of other apps. To do that they need to be able to bring in points and paths and reference them. I'm not a programmer but I don't think that's doable right now. The sort of app I'm thinking about would be something like a golf application. You need to mark the holes so users can see how far away they are from the pin. Or another application would be setting up paths that you want to hike on. Doing it all through the map interface tends to be a little bit tedious.

Still an awsome app though. I don't think this is leaving my phone for a very long time.

Hi, terry222; thanks,

The poi,s are not associated with the maps, you can change the map using menu - maps, and the pois will remain on the map. But if you leave the application and then back, then those poi,s will not be visible if you do not load them explicitly.

I am working with new Intents, to allow other applications to work with OruxMaps.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Just downloaded, here are my thoughts Empty Re: Just downloaded, here are my thoughts

Post  terry222 Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:22 pm

One last suggestion. Add Yards to the unit of measure. I use this for golf and everything is done in yards.

terry222

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down