OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS

+13
GammelGreggan
mimichris
PZC
Pascal
77Zero
shingimel
myxal
fabio5107
trdi
dmtchico
volker
MB
orux
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS

Post  orux Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Here I am going to show, the new features that will have future versions of OruxMaps, and the release schedule.

V.1.4.0:
-> Include summary in the analyzer, when a route consists of several segments.
-> Use a different extension for the image files, this will avoid problems with image management applications, like gallery.
-> edit / delete waypoints.
-> rotate map with compass or track direction (I am not sure of that will be very useful).
-> show coordinates also in UTM/grid swiss grid format (in meters instead of degrees).

I admit suggestions

EXPECTED DATE OF RELEASE: 09-NOV-09

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Single-file map storage

Post  Conundrm Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:39 pm

I am waiting for single-file map storage to become available for Orux. I remember you mentioned incorporating ZIP format in future version. Do you have plans for this?
Thanks

Conundrm

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Re: FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS

Post  orux Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Conundrm wrote:I am waiting for single-file map storage to become available for Orux. I remember you mentioned incorporating ZIP format in future version. Do you have plans for this?
Thanks

Hi, Conundrm;

I have not forgotten this; but zip is not a good format (slow search/extraction), I am looking for an alternative, and then implement it.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Concerning an auto-rotation function, I think it would be of interest for many users. It makes it easier for the users to understand the landscape they are traveling in - this is not always easy when looking on a the small screen of a mobile phone. The app Rmaps (different from Orux in many respects and not a real competitor) has this function today, and it looks impressive.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:48 pm

MB wrote:Concerning an auto-rotation function, I think it would be of interest for many users. It makes it easier for the users to understand the landscape they are traveling in - this is not always easy when looking on a the small screen of a mobile phone. The app Rmaps (different from Orux in many respects and not a real competitor) has this function today, and it looks impressive.

Hi, MB;

What do you mean with autorotation?

You have autorotation with oruxmaps with:
--compass
--direction up

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Sorry! - Your app gets even better!
I meant autorotation in the sense that North of the displayed map is always the same as North in the terrain.

I have now found this function - from the first screen: Settings - > Application - > Map orientation.

On my phone, this only works with offline maps from the SD card. I only used the Google maps when I tested the app during the first days after I found it - this might be why I overlooked this feature.

Regards
MB

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:16 pm

MB wrote:Sorry! - Your app gets even better!
I meant autorotation in the sense that North of the displayed map is always the same as North in the terrain.

I have now found this function - from the first screen: Settings - > Application - > Map orientation.

On my phone, this only works with offline maps from the SD card. I only used the Google maps when I tested the app during the first days after I found it - this might be why I overlooked this feature.

Regards
MB

With next version, in a few days, will work with all maps, including online maps (google, microsoft,...) because I do not use google mapview anymore Smile

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Offline Maps without PC using RMaps

Post  MicJ Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

When I am travelling in a foreign country, internet access, especcially online map access, is too expensive. Although map creation with a PC is possible, I prefer by far storing maps from internet directly with the phone. This is very easily done with the RMaps android app. PC Map creation with Mobile Atlas Creator for RMaps an Oruxmaps is similar, so there seems to be some degree of compatilbility of the data format. I would appreciate the possibility to use the RMaps SQlite tile database, as long as map storage is not an Oruxmaps built in feature.

However, Oruxmaps is my favorite android application: Thank you for the excellent work!

Michael Jäger

MicJ

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:59 pm

MicJ wrote:When I am travelling in a foreign country, internet access, especcially online map access, is too expensive. Although map creation with a PC is possible, I prefer by far storing maps from internet directly with the phone. This is very easily done with the RMaps android app. PC Map creation with Mobile Atlas Creator for RMaps an Oruxmaps is similar, so there seems to be some degree of compatilbility of the data format. I would appreciate the possibility to use the RMaps SQlite tile database, as long as map storage is not an Oruxmaps built in feature.

However, Oruxmaps is my favorite android application: Thank you for the excellent work!

Michael Jäger

Hi, MicJ;

Take a look at the last beta: https://oruxmaps.forumotion.com/general-f8/new-255beta-version-new-features-t234.htm

I think is all what you need; you can download the maps directly from internet to oruxmaps, yuo can use a sqlite database with the test version of mobac.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Online map sources

Post  GammelGr Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi!
In OruxMapsDesktop more online map sources are available then are in OruxMaps, like Eniro. Will they be available in later versions?

Also, will it be possible to organise offline maps in subfolders?

Love OruxMaps!

GammelGr

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:35 pm

GammelGr wrote:Hi!
In OruxMapsDesktop more online map sources are available then are in OruxMaps, like Eniro. Will they be available in later versions?

Also, will it be possible to organise offline maps in subfolders?

Love OruxMaps!

You can find Eniro maps in next version.

Yes, you can organize your maps in folder, inside /oruxmaps/mapfiles/ for example. In next version, you can use OI File Manager and change the maps set easy.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  GammelGr Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 pm

>Also, will it be possible to organise offline maps in subfolders?

So it will be possible to have a map structure like

oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/Göteborg map 1/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/Göteborg map 2/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/Skåne/...
oruxmaps/mapfiles/Norway/...

Correct?
Will this be shown in the selection window inside OruxMaps:
Top level:
Sweden
Norway

Selecting Sweden will show:
V Götaland
Skåne

And so on?

With a lot of maps (specially when using ShapeUp for converting RIK maps to OruxMaps format which creats many maps from one RIK map) the list gets long.

By the way, I am building up a links collection with nice to have links for OruxMaps together with tips and tricks and how-to's for creating maps for OruxMaps on my web page Thought you would like to know.
Trying to spread the word about your excellent program.

Keep up the good work.

GammelGr

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:55 pm

GammelGr wrote:>Also, will it be possible to organise offline maps in subfolders?

So it will be possible to have a map structure like

oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/Göteborg map 1/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/V Götaland/Göteborg/Göteborg map 2/
oruxmaps/mapfiles/sweden/Skåne/...
oruxmaps/mapfiles/Norway/...

Correct?
Will this be shown in the selection window inside OruxMaps:
Top level:
Sweden
Norway

Selecting Sweden will show:
V Götaland
Skåne

And so on?

With a lot of maps (specially when using ShapeUp for converting RIK maps to OruxMaps format which creats many maps from one RIK map) the list gets long.

By the way, I am building up a links collection with nice to have links for OruxMaps together with tips and tricks and how-to's for creating maps for OruxMaps on my web page Thought you would like to know.
Trying to spread the word about your excellent program.

Keep up the good work.

Hi;

Thanks for the links!

About map folders:
Initially only allows the maps to be grouped in folders, so that when you're working with a group, others are not visible.

But your suggestion gives me good ideas,

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty making screenshot

Post  volker Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello orux,

making a screenshot on a not rooted android cellphone is not that easy. I did not find an app to do this directly on a not-rooted phone, but only by installing an SDK and submit a screenshot from a connected PC.

Maybe it could be a benefit to provide a helperapplication "somekind of screenshot" within oruxmaps.

Best regards.

Volker
volker
volker

Cantidad de envíos : 29

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty little wishlist

Post  cheers Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello Jose,

first of all thanks for your efforts for Oruxmaps and the constant improvements.This software is by far the best free offer in the market and has already served me in many occasions (MTB, car navigation, Overviews etc.). Therefore i have made a donation.

Nevertheless i would like to give you my wishlist, whatever you can realize of it.

Strong and easy wish:

* a GPS cursor/mark that is much better visible than the ones now. Best would be something like the existing normal cross / circle but the cross in bold red, or so. All cursors i have tried are hard to see at once when moving. Maybe this is solved with the upcoming version.

Wishlist:
Maybe hpk (from German Android board) has aleady indicated this to you.
* Waypoint AND Route Alarm at the same time, when the screen is turned off. The Alarms don´t run properly on my Desire (Route Alarm only when tracking is turned on, Waypoint sometimes not at all, at least not when the display is turned off).

* Icons sometimes not clear, e.g. i would indicate the logging function vice versa, i.e. show the red cross when turned off, show the green marker when turned on. In General a little easier and clearer handling, but i know this takes a lot of effort and there are as many opinions as users.

Nice to have:
* Navigation possibilities with Waypoints or Routes for Offroad use (car navigation i use Copilot) mainly for MTB, Race Cycling or Hiking, either with speech or other sounds, but i have no idea how much effort it is to realize this.

I have just read your efforts to include the heart rates with Zephyr. This is also something really interesting and makes me think deeply to buy a Zephyr belt. I will wait for the official release though. When do you think it will come?

Anyway,
keep up the good spirit

Best regards
cheers

cheers

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Swiss Topo Maps as Online Maps

Post  Stephan Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:49 am

Hi all

SwissTopo maps are now available for free under:

It would be great to have these maps also available as Online Maps.

Regards,
Stephan

Stephan

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty invidado

Post  invidado Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Tiles are there ?

mpa3.mapplus.ch/swisstopo/%z/%x/%y.jpg

invidado

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Polish map

Post  mar_rud Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:23 am

Hi

Could You add on-line free map for Poland: UMP-pcPL.
Web page: mapa.ump.waw.pl

Url for tiles:
tiles.ump.waw.pl/ump_tiles/%z/%x/%y.png

Also, is it possible to add on-line maps ourselves in some xml file, i.e. in mapfiles folder?

Thanks.

mar_rud

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Found New GPS on/off widget

Post  dmtchico Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 pm

My first post as a Donater.

I'm very pleased with your program using my
Archos 5 IT 32GB Android FW 1.9.26 (not rooted)

I very much like the fact that I can limit GPS recorded tracks to a "better than" GPS accuracy because my device does not have the best built-in GPS receiver.
Please continue to keep devices like mine in mind when developing future updates.

However, this post pertains to notifying you that an Android GPS on/off Widget exists that does not require visiting the normal Settings Android menu.
It toggles the GPS within Android on/off with only one touch.

It is on the Android Market and is free.

My suggestion is that you contact the developer of the widget and discuss incorporating it into your application.

Thanks for your Excellent User Mapping Application.
My primary use of your application is for Biking Street Maps (derived from a raster map of my city taken from the Cities website) and Forest Service and MyTopo.com maps of places that I like to hike and camp.

Best Regards, /s/dmtchico

dmtchico

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Show Multiple Tracks

Post  qwc Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi there, i'm using OruxMaps often and a additional keyfeature for me is the possibility to show multiple tracks/routes (from gpx/kml format) on my current mapview.

I don't know the license of OruxMaps and can't find anything about the license somewhere on the website - if it's open source, i could try to help improving the tool. Smile

Greetings from a happy user - except the lack of possibilites mentioned above...
Multiple routes - more than one segment of a bigger tour would be really really nice! Smile

qwc

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty some minor improvements

Post  Simon Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

It would be really nice if the graph at the statistics page would be scalable, so that you can perceive details of a track of several hours. Right now the graph is unusable for diagnostics if the track gets too long. Are you planning to implement this?
Another thing would be the camera button, which would spare you the manual placing of waypoints for each picture. Or even a function to scan the gallery for pictures made while recording the track and to integrate them automatically. That would be great.
Apart from that OruxMaps is close to perfect, I love this app Wink

Best regards, Simon

Simon

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Enlarge Speed display

Post  Dave1 Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:05 am

Would it be possible to have the speed display/button much larger, say 4 times larger. When mounting on a bike, it's great to see the map, but very hard to focus long enough to read the speed. An option to have a large speed display at the top third of the map would be great. No other box or shading would be need around the speed digits.

But a great program.

Dave1

Back to top Go down

Post  dmtchico Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 am

For what its worth, I second the request/suggestion for the option to be able to display larger info on (or above) the maps.

I would like to recommend that text-size, text-color, text-background options be added for both the top and bottom dashboards.

I also like to use Oruxmaps on my handlebars and truck windshield, but my old eyes cannot read the dashboard text information.

Perhaps even create an entire car/bike display which can be switched to with a new displayed menu button. This totally separate display layout might be easier to program/test without affecting the already nice display layout (I use to be a programmer).

However, its still a great app and I was glad to donate to it.

/s/ dmtchico

dmtchico

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty Cursor Position

Post  120pilot Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi, I finally figured out how to get oruxmaps desktop to work with downloaded US aviation sectional charts. It turns out to be simple once you figure it out. I now have the sectionals saved on the SD card on my phone. Thanks for such a cool app. I am wondering if there is a way to place the cursor closer to the bottom of the screen. When flying it is useful to see more of the chart in front of your position. What is already behind you is usually no longer a factor.

Also I downloaded the sectionals from the FAA's website. They are individual charts. I am wondering if there is a way to combine them where they overlap. I would like to get rid of the area of the charts on the outside edges that contain notes etc. but are not part of the map. Do you know of a good way to do this?

Thanks again for all your efforts.

James

120pilot

Back to top Go down

FEATURES OF FUTURE VERSIONS Empty POIs

Post  Epikur Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 pm

First of all: great and helpful Program. Thanks al lot for this...

What I am missing painfully is supporting for POIs. Thera are a lot of helpful POIs available in the Web and it would be great to use them in Oruxmap as well.

THX stefan

Epikur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next