OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPS with No Networks

Go down

GPS with No Networks Empty GPS with No Networks

Post  Dan Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I have tried using offline maps with airplane mode on and no connection to WiFi. I have given the application 10 minutes to try to get a GPS signal with no luck. I have a Droid X.

I have found a developers forum which discusses the programming considerations for using GPS while no network (cell or WiFi) connection is present. Basically it seems that you must ignore an error which occurs when initially requesting the GPS coordinates.

Here is the link:

I know it is possible to get a GPS fix without a network connection because there is an App called 'Aspara' which does indeed get a GPS lock with no other wireless connections active.

Is this something that can be addressed in OruxMaps? I love the application, but without a reliable way to get a GPS lock while overseas (without a wireless connection) it isn't that useful for navigating around.

Dan

Back to top Go down

GPS with No Networks Empty Link

Post  Dan Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Dan

Back to top Go down

GPS with No Networks Empty Re: GPS with No Networks

Post  orux Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi, Dan;

It takes more time, but should get a fix in some minutes. I always use my htc dream for tests without phone card & wifi, and after 3-4-5 minutes, the gps is working fine.

Perhaps a problem only with droid?

I will investigate.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

GPS with No Networks Empty Re: GPS with No Networks

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: