OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

creating maps for italy

Go down

creating maps for italy Empty creating maps for italy

Post  carlobos on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Hello
I have recently bought a t-mobile pulse mini android phone with gps. I want to use the phone to create a series of trails/tracks in my local area on the west coast of sardinia, italy.
I have looked for digital maps and found that there are IGN 1:25,000 available on the PCN site (to see link)

Can i use these maps? How do i down load them?

I am a complete beginner and was wondering if somebody could help me make my first map. I want to be able to create a hiking trail along the side of a river from Bosa to Monteleone Rocca Doria.

Thanks

carlobos
Guest


Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  orux on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 pm

carlobos wrote:Hello
I have recently bought a t-mobile pulse mini android phone with gps. I want to use the phone to create a series of trails/tracks in my local area on the west coast of sardinia, italy.
I have looked for digital maps and found that there are IGN 1:25,000 available on the PCN site (to see link)

Can i use these maps? How do i down load them?

I am a complete beginner and was wondering if somebody could help me make my first map. I want to be able to create a hiking trail along the side of a river from Bosa to Monteleone Rocca Doria.

Thanks

Hi;

You have to register, if you want to add links, or insert spaces Wink

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty now registered (i hope)

Post  carlobos on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:59 pm

sorry.. i forgot to activate my registration!

The italian maps are here
you need to click on cartografia 2d then scroll to IGN 1:25,000

Hope you can help!!!

carlobos
Guest


Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty link

Post  carlobosa on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:01 pm


carlobosa

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  orux on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:32 pm


Hi;

there are some wms (web map services).

give me time to investigate

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  orux on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 pm

orux wrote:

Hi;

there are some wms (web map services).

give me time to investigate

orux

remember that you can create your maps from a lot of sources with MOBAC!

-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/oruxmapsdesktop_quick.pdf

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty trying to keep up...

Post  carlobosa on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:08 pm

Orux
Firstly thanks for your responses and help...

I have just downloaded the MOBAC software onto my pc and had a quick look... under map source there was no obvious link to italian maps...

I also had a read of the pdf linked above... but am not much wiser!

Would be grateful to hear how i can take this forward.

carl

carlobosa

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Italy 1 : 25 000 IGM Maps are available on Internet

Post  jbarner on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi

Topographic Maps 1 : 25 000 of Italys IGM (Istituto Geografico Militare) are available on the Internet:

rapidshare.com P7HHOC

Its not a nice Internet Address, but the maps are excellent!!! Some are in black and white (1950-1970), some in colours (1970-1990). The maps come as ecw file. One ecw for each italian region. Georeference data is contained within the ecw file. Unfortunately the maps werent well calibrated. There can be an error upto 50..100 m.

Well my question would be, if it is planned, that OruxMapsDesktop supports the ecw format?

James

jbarner

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-12-29

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  twoten on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 am

Hi Carl,

To use Mobac, zoom in to the area of Italy you require then if you are looking for Topographic Maps try 'OpenStreetMap Cyclemap'.
You can select the area and zoom levels to download. Make sure the zoom level at the top of the screen is no higher than 14 for this map.

If you select the different map sources in the drop-down box you will see what else is available.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  febs on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 pm

jbarner wrote:Hi

Topographic Maps 1 : 25 000 of Italys IGM (Istituto Geografico Militare) are available on the Internet:

rapidshare.com P7HHOC

Its not a nice Internet Address, but the maps are excellent!!! Some are in black and white (1950-1970), some in colours (1970-1990). The maps come as ecw file. One ecw for each italian region. Georeference data is contained within the ecw file. Unfortunately the maps werent well calibrated. There can be an error upto 50..100 m.

Well my question would be, if it is planned, that OruxMapsDesktop supports the ecw format?

James

Those very maps are now available via WMS, althought with a quite boring watermark, they are georeferenced correctly and you can get what you need easily. With the WMS creator of the new Oruxmaps it's a breeze. The link to use is http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms_ogc/service/igm25.map with a zoom level starting from 13.

Cheers.

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Absolutely Fabulous - the WMS link & functionality

Post  Niels on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm

febs - Just to show I'm a happy man - finally able to download Italian IGM maps! No more handywork copying screenshots (yes, that's what I did....)

THANKS!

Niels

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  febs on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Niels wrote:febs - Just to show I'm a happy man - finally able to download Italian IGM maps! No more handywork copying screenshots (yes, that's what I did....)

THANKS!

Glad it helped. Consider a donation to the developer, if you haven't donated already. This tool is awesome, and it gets better and better Smile

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Merry Paypal and a happy newyear...

Post  Niels on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm


Enjoy and keep up the good work.

Niels

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-12-21

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  orux on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Niels wrote:
Enjoy and keep up the good work.

Thanks Niels;

And thanks, febs;


orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  febs on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello, I want to update this thread to warn all of you users of those maps that the URL has changed:

http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/ogc?map=/ms_ogc/WMS_v1.3/raster/IGM_25000.map


Just in case you wondered why it stopped working.

Cheers

febs

Cantidad de envíos : 139
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty doesn't work any longer?

Post  astrogps on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:30 am

hello,
I tried to get Italian maps but only see the IGM watermark.
What do I make wrong?

astrogps

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2013-04-14

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  astrogps on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 am

sorry,
I do not know what was wrong, but I finally succeeded!

astrogps

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2013-04-14

Back to top Go down

creating maps for italy Empty Re: creating maps for italy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum