OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upload Tracks to Google

3 posters

Go down

Upload Tracks to Google Empty Upload Tracks to Google

Post  stormtro Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 pm

It would be really nice to upload tracks not only to mapmytracks and everytrail but Google as well!
MyTracks can already do this...

stormtro

Back to top Go down

Upload Tracks to Google Empty Re: Upload Tracks to Google

Post  MB Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Not very impressive that Map my Tracks can do this, since it is Google's application.

(Almost) witout notifying you, Google publishes the tracks as "shared" on the Internet, and does little more than presenting a spreadsheet with som basic stats, and a link to GMaps. Have you ever tried recovering an actual track from GMAps - e.g. for use in another app? Google apparently does not like the idea of this. It can be done, but the process is annoying.

I would think that it is neither doable nor desirable for Oruxmaps to give its users this option. If you want to share your tracks through Google, the "Export as KML" option in Oruxmaps (and two minutes of time with your PC) is sufficient.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  stormtro Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 pm

'&output=kml' behind the track link is sufficient. I wouldn't say it's lot of work to do so. But u r right. A simple button would be more convenient.
But nevertheless I'd like to have the possibility and maybe it's quite easy to implement.
Y not let Orux decide whats worth?

stormtro

Back to top Go down

Post  K Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:53 am

KML or not
the exported data to google needs augmentation by stats, charts with high profile, etc. Not being able to export charts that are produced by the app is a significant drawback. Other apps do it and make it a killer feature.

K

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 am

This is a feature I would like to see implemented.

If you have an android phone you would have a Google account, not everybody has a GPSies, Everytrail or MapMyTracks account.

Admittedly you can export the track and then import it into Google maps but why not have this function within the app?

The suggestion of exporting as a .KML file, is the .GPX not better, I have imported both into Google and it appears there is more information in the .GPX file.

Another feature that would be nice to include if possible regardless of how the file is transfered is being able to view the walk details with an elevation graph similar to that when uploaded via MyTracks as can be seen here when clicking on the track rather than the waypoint: MyTracks
When a .GPX file is imported into Google maps from OruxMaps it displays like this when clicking on the waypoint instead of the track: OruxMaps .GPX export

Keith.

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Upload Tracks to Google Empty Dropbox/Google Maps sync

Post  kosi Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello Orux
I am also very interested on the possibility to synchronize all tracks to and from google-maps. I am creating nice walks and places at google-maps. So that i have this tracks automatically on all of my pcs, after one login at google.
With oruxmaps i can load the tracks in my android phone and can follow the tracks and visit the places. But the import/export to dropbox and back is not very comfortable. An automatic login to dropbox would help, but perfect it would be with an automatic sync to google-maps.
Many greetings

kosi

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down