OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

COLLABORATE!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:51 pm

COLLABORATE!

You can help OruxMaps to be a little less tricky!

HOW?

1.-Locale.

Currently there is a good support with locales:
-Spanish (my native language).
-German (thanks to Pedro).

-English (really I need help here, sure my translation to English is not fine).

-Italian, French,... No support, you can help me here!

2.-Write a HOWTO. Making maps it is not easy; perhaps you can write a tutorial in your language about how to get your maps running with OruxMaps. I will publish it on the web.

3.-Write a comment in the market.
Currently there are more than 1000 active users of OruxMaps, but there are only a few comments. If OruxMaps works for you, write a comment!

You can find me here: oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty I downloaded OruxMaps for Android and the associated PC software

Post  Litngfly on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:24 pm

I downloaded OruxMaps for Android and the associated PC software and with a few false starts your app works just fine!! My next goal is to find FAA sectional navigation charts online for download possibly here,
and make an aerial map for Android, much like "Sky Chart" for iPhone

Litngfly
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty How to make your own maps (in Sweden)

Post  lbenator on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:32 am

Hi!

Here is how a made very useful onlines map for hiking. First, I found some good maps in high resolution (1:10 000 or 1:15 000). These are common in Sweden, and are generally used for the orienteering sports. I scanned them in jpeg format. The I used the ozi explorer trial software ("load and calibrate map image") to calibrate the maps. To do this, I found the maps of eniro.se helpful. You just have to find two or three conspicuous places (road crossings, tip of a lake, etc) and use the "show GPS" option you get by right-clicking the eniro map. Reduce the size of the eniro and ozi windows so you can easily write the calibration coordinates, and save. This give a .map file and the .jpg file. These two are used in the oruxmaps desktop program to generate the calibrated files the you transfer to the oruxmaps directory on the sdcard. These maps work wonderfully, by starting logging you get a track that can be uploaded to everytrail.com (this is a nice feature of the 1.9beta version of oruxmaps) and viewed, for example, in google hybrid map format with a detailed graph of speed and altitude. Amazing!

By the way, I also find the trekkbuddy atlas creation very useful, since this way you can prepare maps that can be used when travelling, and that can tell you exactly where you are without using gprs (which is still rather expensive when you are abroad).

-Lbenator

lbenator
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty clarification

Post  lbenator on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:36 am

Sorry, when I wrote "online" I meant "GPS on" mode, off course the phone (HTC Hero in my case) can be "offline", i.e., not using gprs, except if you want to connect to everytrail.

-Lbenator

lbenator
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Aviation use

Post  marc on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Good morning,

I downladed Oruxmaps from the market. Is it possible to use oruxmaps to track waypoints ? I tried to create waypoint in it, but after that the program doesn't show me how to direct to that waypoint (degrees, distance to waypoint and other useful informations that software like smartcomgps provides).

Thank you.

marc

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:17 pm

marc wrote:Good morning,

I downladed Oruxmaps from the market. Is it possible to use oruxmaps to track waypoints ? I tried to create waypoint in it, but after that the program doesn't show me how to direct to that waypoint (degrees, distance to waypoint and other useful informations that software like smartcomgps provides).

Thank you.

Hi, marc;

It is not yet 'aviation ready'.

You can use some features, like geocache mode, to know distance and eta to a wpt, but not bearing.

I will work with navigation next version.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  marc on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks a lot ! Will keep tuned!

marc

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty OruxMaps 2.1 beta

Post  marc on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm

I would like to send my compliments to the author of this piece of code!

The app's starting to be pilot friendly Wink
Even if I totally agree that this app is mainly developed for hikers, bikers and so on, I would like to write my ideas regarding a better co-pilot during our fun flights:

- There's a little bit confusion between tracks / routes / waypoint. Actually to navigate to a waypoint it will be necessary to have that waypoint into a track (???). I thought that tracks were intended as "tracking" an itinerary (whatever it is: ground / air / nautical), while here tracks are reimported as "routes". So, we use to plan a route before leaving, I would add waypoints or coordinates. After that I can go following that route and track my real position through time.
- I also would like to go to 1 waypoint. So the best would be to open the waypoint menu that should be ordered in -distance from the actual position - order. This is because when we're flying it could be necessary to know how far is the nearest airport. And sometimes we don't have so much time to play with it to select from the list / filter it / placing in a route and so on.
So I would have tracking (only for tracking purpose), then Route (can follow waypoints or coordinates), and waypoints that's a pure list of interesting points, and they can be used to build route for pre flight planning.
- I find cute the metering feature of this app. Whenever you wish, by touching the screen you can find the actual distance of any point from you. Well done!
- Bigger information related to waypoint / bearing / eta / distance. Actually it's still little bit hard to read during shakes. The information should be clearly visible and related to the actual situation (navigation type or informational type), more or less like it is now.

I can go on writing more and more but I know this is not a specific application but just something generic, but well done application.
I would pay for more features, since on small aircrafts we usually follow navigational charts (paper) and GPS as a backup. Sometimes in deep traffic flight areas everything starts to be more and more complicated and the help of one of this app would be very nice.

Again my best compliments to the author!

marc

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:06 pm

marc wrote:I would like to send my compliments to the author of this piece of code!

The app's starting to be pilot friendly Wink
Even if I totally agree that this app is mainly developed for hikers, bikers and so on, I would like to write my ideas regarding a better co-pilot during our fun flights:

- There's a little bit confusion between tracks / routes / waypoint. Actually to navigate to a waypoint it will be necessary to have that waypoint into a track (???). I thought that tracks were intended as "tracking" an itinerary (whatever it is: ground / air / nautical), while here tracks are reimported as "routes". So, we use to plan a route before leaving, I would add waypoints or coordinates. After that I can go following that route and track my real position through time.

Thanks, marc;
I am happy that the application is useful.
For OruxMaps:
A 'track' is a recorded 'path', point to point.
A waypoint is a characteristic point. It is always associated to a 'track' (this will change in future).
A 'route' is a 'path' you want to replay.
A 'route' can be created from an old 'track', or linking different waypoints.

I know it's difficult, I will try to simplify a bit.

marc wrote:
- I also would like to go to 1 waypoint. So the best would be to open the waypoint menu that should be ordered in -distance from the actual position - order. This is because when we're flying it could be necessary to know how far is the nearest airport. And sometimes we don't have so much time to play with it to select from the list / filter it / placing in a route and so on.
So I would have tracking (only for tracking purpose), then Route (can follow waypoints or coordinates), and waypoints that's a pure list of interesting points, and they can be used to build route for pre flight planning.

I am going to add some of these features in next version.

marc wrote:
- I find cute the metering feature of this app. Whenever you wish, by touching the screen you can find the actual distance of any point from you. Well done!
- Bigger information related to waypoint / bearing / eta / distance. Actually it's still little bit hard to read during shakes. The information should be clearly visible and related to the actual situation (navigation type or informational type), more or less like it is now.

I want to change the dashboard, and make one with larger characters. Andrea (he is also a pilot) is helping me with graphics.

marc wrote:
I can go on writing more and more but I know this is not a specific application but just something generic, but well done application.
I would pay for more features, since on small aircrafts we usually follow navigational charts (paper) and GPS as a backup. Sometimes in deep traffic flight areas everything starts to be more and more complicated and the help of one of this app would be very nice.


Where are you from? OruxMapsDesktop (last beta 1.4.1) is ready for FAA maps (USA).

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  marc on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

Hi,

Yes I know him, he provided me the link to this wonderful app.
Happy that he's helping in graphics/development, he's a good developer and pilot.
I'm from Chicago, IL.
Going to try this new release of OruxDesktop.

Cheers

marc

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  newnaw on Wed May 26, 2010 7:47 am



COLLABORATE!

Mensaje orux el Dom Oct 11, 2009 4:51 pm
COLLABORATE!

You can help OruxMaps to be a little less tricky!

HOW?

1.-Locale.

Currently there is a good support with locales:
-Spanish (my native language).
-German (thanks to Pedro).

Hi, Orux:
I'm a gps fan from Chinese, I used OruxMaps for days and it's really amazing work! However, I didn't have a paypal or credit card for now, so I can't support you by donating in short time.
But I want to participate in the locale work of the Chinese version, and do my little effort to introduce this best gps soft to millinos of Chinese who's interested in gps and android~May I?
Looking forward to your reply Smile

newnaw
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty French local language

Post  hugo06 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi,
I'm ok to work for the french translate of manual, site web and forum.

Cordially.

hugo06

Cantidad de envíos : 24
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Wed May 26, 2010 6:28 pm

newnaw wrote:


COLLABORATE!

Mensaje orux el Dom Oct 11, 2009 4:51 pm
COLLABORATE!

You can help OruxMaps to be a little less tricky!

HOW?

1.-Locale.

Currently there is a good support with locales:
-Spanish (my native language).
-German (thanks to Pedro).

Hi, Orux:
I'm a gps fan from Chinese, I used OruxMaps for days and it's really amazing work! However, I didn't have a paypal or credit card for now, so I can't support you by donating in short time.
But I want to participate in the locale work of the Chinese version, and do my little effort to introduce this best gps soft to millinos of Chinese who's interested in gps and android~May I?
Looking forward to your reply Smile

Thanks;

Could you email me--->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Portuguese

Post  zenga on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Is it possible to translate to Portuguese?
If you want i can help you.

zenga

Cantidad de envíos : 6
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:55 pm

zenga wrote:Is it possible to translate to Portuguese?
If you want i can help you.

Hi;

thanks;

we can add -pt locale. I will send you some files to translate.

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  zenga on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 pm

ok

You can send to carlos_zenga@hotmail.com



Last edited by zenga on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Email)

zenga

Cantidad de envíos : 6
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  mpollack on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 am

I would be happy to review and edit the website and other documentation in English.

Just let me know what I can do to help.

Matt

P.S. I am also interested in learning more about how to interact with OruxMaps from other applications. Basically, what options might I have to send data to OruxMaps when launching com.oruxmaps?

mpollack
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:12 pm

mpollack wrote:I would be happy to review and edit the website and other documentation in English.

Just let me know what I can do to help.

Matt

P.S. I am also interested in learning more about how to interact with OruxMaps from other applications. Basically, what options might I have to send data to OruxMaps when launching com.oruxmaps?

Hi;

thanks, please, contact with me --> oruxuro@gmail.com

you can use two intents:

-->open more detailed offline map, at current position; in wpt navigation mode if there are attached wpts:
Intent i = new Intent("com.oruxmaps.VIEW_MAP_OFFLINE");
double[] targetLat = {42.9,42.02,40.03}; //latitude of pois (one lat per poi) you want to display in oruxmaps
double [] targetLon = {-7,-4,-3}; //longitude of the pois
String [] targetNames = {"p1","p2","p3"};//name of pois
i.putExtra("targetLat", targetLat);
i.putExtra("targetLon", targetLon);
i.putExtra("targetName", targetNames);
startActivity(i);

-->open last used online map, at current position, in wpt navigation mode if there are attached wpts:
Intent i=new Intent("com.oruxmaps.VIEW_MAP_ONLINE");
double[] targetLat = {33.4,8.3,22.2};
double [] targetLon = {33.4,8.3,22.3};
String [] targetNames = {"point alpha","point beta"};
i.putExtra("targetLat", targetLat);
i.putExtra("targetLon", targetLon);
i.putExtra("targetName", targetNames);
startActivity(i);

orux


_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty PT-BR

Post  cmte_souza on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm

orux wrote:we can add -pt locale. I will send you some files to translate.
orux
I can do a translation to Brazilian Portuguese (PT-BR). Please send me those files and I'll do it.

PS: I'm better at translating from english, but you can send me the spanish files too for an extra source of information. Actually a Google Docs shared spreadsheet with English/Spanish columns and an empty PT-BR column would be great!

Can't wait for the change language option. I'm currently using Portuguese (from Portugal) and there are so many different words that it would be better to have english.

cmte_souza

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  cmte_souza on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 pm

cmte_souza wrote:Can't wait for the change language option.
Ok, just got the latest beta! Thanks!!

cmte_souza

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 pm

cmte_souza wrote:
orux wrote:we can add -pt locale. I will send you some files to translate.
orux
I can do a translation to Brazilian Portuguese (PT-BR). Please send me those files and I'll do it.

PS: I'm better at translating from english, but you can send me the spanish files too for an extra source of information. Actually a Google Docs shared spreadsheet with English/Spanish columns and an empty PT-BR column would be great!

Can't wait for the change language option. I'm currently using Portuguese (from Portugal) and there are so many different words that it would be better to have english.

Hi, thanks;

I will send you the English/Spanish/Portuguese versions.

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  nanu on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 pm

hi orux,
first of all thanks for Oruxmaps! it is a famos piece of work,oruxmaps looks like the tool of choice for me!
i admire your effort to prog this software !
Just let me know what I can do to help. (translate to german ?)

by the way,i have tested 3 models of BT GPS Mouse with Oruxmaps.
is it ok to make a own thread: Report BT GPS Mouses ?
and this is not the last i have any ideas for improvement and usability and a long wishlist Smile
donation goes away in a few days!

Best regards
cheers
nanu

nanu

Cantidad de envíos : 33
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  orux on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:50 pm

nanu wrote:hi orux,
first of all thanks for Oruxmaps! it is a famos piece of work,oruxmaps looks like the tool of choice for me!
i admire your effort to prog this software !
Just let me know what I can do to help. (translate to german ?)

by the way,i have tested 3 models of BT GPS Mouse with Oruxmaps.
is it ok to make a own thread: Report BT GPS Mouses ?
and this is not the last i have any ideas for improvement and usability and a long wishlist Smile
donation goes away in a few days!

Best regards
cheers
nanu

Thanks nanu;

there is already a translator of German, but I will contact you if I need help.

waiting for your suggestions;

orux

_________________
Ahora puedes contribuir:--> DONACIÓN
Now you can contribute:--> DONATE
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946
Fecha de inscripción : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Polish localization

Post  marian_italian on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Orux!

First I need to say great job! I can do Polish localization, if you are interested please PM me.

regards


marian_italian

Cantidad de envíos : 2
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Wikipedia Page

Post  JohnSBA on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:16 am

I have created an initial Wikipedia page for OruxMaps:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oruxmaps

I would like to find and contribute to an online documentation project for English-language user instructions. Is there such a document, or might a wikiMedia page be started for that purpose? I found a brief page that appears outdated on the OpenStreetMaps wikiMedia site:
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OruxMaps

Alternatively, I could start my own documentation project as a page on my blog. I welcome guidance and suggestions on how I might help to create simple directions for using this remarkable app! Smile

JohnSBA
Guest


Back to top Go down

COLLABORATE! Empty Re: COLLABORATE!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum