OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth

2 posters

Go down

track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth Empty track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth

Post  Hektor Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a Samnsung Galaxy 5 phone and installed Oruxmaps on it. It works great, keeps tracks really well. I then tried to export the track log to check it out. The file was exported but when I opened it in Google earth nothing was displayed. It also marked a way point with incorrect coordinates. The same file worked ok in EveryTrails. I am not sure what is happening but it seems its a format problem. Has anyone had this issue? I can send the exported file from my phone if that would help.

cheers,

Hektor

PS: I am using Ubuntu 64bits and GE5

Hektor

Back to top Go down

track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth Empty Re: track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth

Post  orux Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Hektor wrote:Hello all,

I have recently purchased a Samnsung Galaxy 5 phone and installed Oruxmaps on it. It works great, keeps tracks really well. I then tried to export the track log to check it out. The file was exported but when I opened it in Google earth nothing was displayed. It also marked a way point with incorrect coordinates. The same file worked ok in EveryTrails. I am not sure what is happening but it seems its a format problem. Has anyone had this issue? I can send the exported file from my phone if that would help.

cheers,

Hektor

PS: I am using Ubuntu 64bits and GE5

Are you using kml format?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth Empty Re: track exported to kml does not show in Google Earth

Post  MB Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 pm

I know this problem from Ubuntu. Seems to be one of the many bugs of Google Earth for Linux. It was hard enough to get it running...as you have probably experienced yourself.

Try opening the kml file from within Google Earth (not by double clicking on the file.) If this does not help, you could try opening it in Google maps and exporting it from there - or to export it from Everytrail.

Generally, Google Earth is a big disappointment when used with Ubuntu.

Conclusion: Most likely not an Oruxmaps issue.

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  Hektor Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Hello guys,

You were right... I managed to open the exported files in gpsvisualizer and also in Google maps. It seems that GE in linux is still a bit weird!

cheers,

H

Hektor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down