OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC?

3 posters

Go down

How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC? Empty How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC?

Post  lothibai Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have just created a map of Germany with zoom level 13 using MOBAC. I also created a map with zoom level 14-16 of Frankfurt. Is it possible to merge these 2 maps into one, so that I am able to zoom to level 13 all over Germany and to zoom to 16 in Frankfurt without changing the map.
How can this be done? With MOBAC, with Oruxmaps? Does anybody have a manual, how to do this step by step?

Is it possible to merge different maps, e.g. open cycle map and open street map?

I also hoped to find the open cycle map on MOBAC, but I didn´t find it there. Has it been removed or is there a trick to include the cycle routes into OSM?

Last but not least. Loading tiles from MOBAC lastet days. Is there a trick to speed up?

Sorry for the many questions
Lothibai

lothibai

Cantidad de envíos : 34

Back to top Go down

How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC? Empty Re: How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC?

Post  yip Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi,

It is possible to merge atlases from different sources, but it is not easy.

Both atlases should have the exact same extend (same area), so enter precise MOBAC coordinates.
In your case, one of the atlas is much smaller (the area of frankfurt) and merging the two will be even more difficult I think, but still possible.

So let's see the OSM and OpenCyclemap example instead.

Also, Make sure both atlases don't have the same zoomlevels: OpenStreetM zoom 8,10,13 and Cyclemap zoom 11,14 for exemple

oruxmaps offline maps is basically
- a XML file
- a database (sqlite3)

you should
-concatenate the two database (with free sqlite3 tools)
-merge the two XML files and check names inside (you need to know XML syntax a bit)

maybe orux know a better way ?

yip

Cantidad de envíos : 40

Back to top Go down

How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC? Empty Re: How to merge atlasses, how to use MOBAC?

Post  orux Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 pm

yip wrote:Hi,

It is possible to merge atlases from different sources, but it is not easy.

Both atlases should have the exact same extend (same area), so enter precise MOBAC coordinates.
In your case, one of the atlas is much smaller (the area of frankfurt) and merging the two will be even more difficult I think, but still possible.

So let's see the OSM and OpenCyclemap example instead.

Also, Make sure both atlases don't have the same zoomlevels: OpenStreetM zoom 8,10,13 and Cyclemap zoom 11,14 for exemple

oruxmaps offline maps is basically
- a XML file
- a database (sqlite3)

you should
-concatenate the two database (with free sqlite3 tools)
-merge the two XML files and check names inside (you need to know XML syntax a bit)

maybe orux know a better way ?

Hi,

I think you can do the same using 'drag & drop' in MOBAC, when you are creating the atlas.

Only one restriction: you can not merge two maps with layers with the same zoom level.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down