OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to merge maps of different places

4 posters

Go down

How to merge maps of different places  Empty How to merge maps of different places

Post  Hi Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 am

Hi

I downloaded maps of one state (call AP) by splitting it into smaller areas of 10 (like AP1,AP2,AP3 and so on...) using Mobile atlas creator 1.8 alpha 15 in Orux maps format . Now when I copy the files into my phone I have to manually select the Map. Is there any way so that the smaller maps clubbed into one large map.

Thanking you

Bye

Hi

Back to top Go down

How to merge maps of different places  Empty Re: How to merge maps of different places

Post  orux Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi wrote:Hi

I downloaded maps of one state (call AP) by splitting it into smaller areas of 10 (like AP1,AP2,AP3 and so on...) using Mobile atlas creator 1.8 alpha 15 in Orux maps format . Now when I copy the files into my phone I have to manually select the Map. Is there any way so that the smaller maps clubbed into one large map.

Thanking you

Bye

Hi;

OruxMaps should load the next map automatically if they are overlapped, and 'auto-load map' (in settings) is on.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

How to merge maps of different places  Empty Re: How to merge maps of different places

Post  azntwboy Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:34 am

I have a similar problem, but I want to merge different zoom layers from different created maps from Mobile Atlas Creator. With both Oruxmaps and Oruxmaps SQLite, I have tried with layers of the same area with zoom level 14 in one map and 8-10 in another. When I zoom in, Oruxmaps will automatically load maps from 8 to 14, but when I am in 14 and zoom out, it will not load 8-10. It will just say "14@80%". All I could get to work is zooming far out, at about 14@60, then dragging outside map 14's tiles until I get a complete blue screen, then it will automatically load the other map at zoom 10, but then I have to scroll back and but I've lost where I'm looking at.

I tried to copy layer 14 into the folder that contains layers 8 and 10, but it doesn't work, I just get a blue screen with no tiles loaded when I try to open the merged map. Is there some way to do something like this?

I prefer not to recreate the entire map of zoom 8-10-14 because it takes extra time and I have a slow netbook.

Thanks
Thomas

azntwboy

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MB Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:07 am

@Thomas
This depends on how you zoom in and out. You can choose between zooming out via layers or via digital zoom. When you have zoomed in to more than 100%, you must first zoom digitally back to 100% before Oruxmaps starts zooming with layers. If not, the app believes that you want to continue with digital zoom-out.

By the way, it would be very nice to see a feature which prevents this experience. Ideally, the app should ignore zoom levels of e.g. less than 60% (they are useless anyway), and instead choose a different layer if the user zooms further out.

Feature request ! Feature request! Smile

MB

Cantidad de envíos : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:24 pm

azntwboy wrote:I have a similar problem, but I want to merge different zoom layers from different created maps from Mobile Atlas Creator. With both Oruxmaps and Oruxmaps SQLite, I have tried with layers of the same area with zoom level 14 in one map and 8-10 in another. When I zoom in, Oruxmaps will automatically load maps from 8 to 14, but when I am in 14 and zoom out, it will not load 8-10. It will just say "14@80%". All I could get to work is zooming far out, at about 14@60, then dragging outside map 14's tiles until I get a complete blue screen, then it will automatically load the other map at zoom 10, but then I have to scroll back and but I've lost where I'm looking at.

I tried to copy layer 14 into the folder that contains layers 8 and 10, but it doesn't work, I just get a blue screen with no tiles loaded when I try to open the merged map. Is there some way to do something like this?

I prefer not to recreate the entire map of zoom 8-10-14 because it takes extra time and I have a slow netbook.

Thanks
Thomas

Hi, Thomas;

Are you using pinch & zoom or on screen buttons?

It should work fine with buttons, I do not know why, but they have different behavior; I will unify them.

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

MB wrote:@Thomas
This depends on how you zoom in and out. You can choose between zooming out via layers or via digital zoom. When you have zoomed in to more than 100%, you must first zoom digitally back to 100% before Oruxmaps starts zooming with layers. If not, the app believes that you want to continue with digital zoom-out.

By the way, it would be very nice to see a feature which prevents this experience. Ideally, the app should ignore zoom levels of e.g. less than 60% (they are useless anyway), and instead choose a different layer if the user zooms further out.

Feature request ! Feature request! Smile

Hi, MB;

Zoom should work like you want, if there are more maps plus using on screen zoom buttons.

I am going to change pinch to zoom to work in the same way.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  azntwboy Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 am

OK, i see the difference now. the volume buttons, zoom buttons on screen, and tapping/pinching have different functions. But I actually would like to have a way to insert a digital zoom between layers automatically through tapping. For example, I'm trying to use LINZ maps of New Zealand which you can get off MOBAC, but LINZ only has maps at level 14, 12, and 9. In MOBAC, 15 is a blowup of 14, 13 is a zoomed out version of 14, 11 and 10 is a zoomed out version of 12, and 6,7,8 are zoomed out of 9. So, I only want to download 14, 12, and 9 because it would be a waste to download 13, 11, 10 because they're the same images but just in lower resolution. The problem is that jumping between 14, 12, 9 is a big jump, so I'd like to be able to have digital zoom automatic between layer zooms, maybe an option in the settings. I would like to go something like 9@66, 9@100, 9@133, 12@66, 12@100, 12#133, 14@66, 14@100, 14@133. At the moment, if I go into digital zoom, with the volume buttons, I have to zoom back in to 100% in order to change layers, and its hard to keep track of where I'm trying to locate when I have to jump more than 2 or 3 layers.

azntwboy

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:28 am

Because I found the pinch zoom a bit unpredictable I suggested a while ago to have pinch zoom adjust the zoom level within a layer and the '+' & '-' icons change up and down the levels.
I think this would be far more intuitive.
If not a feature can we have an option to set it like this in the settings?

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

twoten wrote:Because I found the pinch zoom a bit unpredictable I suggested a while ago to have pinch zoom adjust the zoom level within a layer and the '+' & '-' icons change up and down the levels.
I think this would be far more intuitive.
If not a feature can we have an option to set it like this in the settings?

Oppss; I had forgotten this request!

I will add this option in next to 3.4 version;

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  twoten Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks again Smile

twoten

Cantidad de envíos : 115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down