OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset)

2 posters

Go down

Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset) Empty Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset)

Post  conmarti Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 pm

First I want to say thank you for this great Application.

It seem's that the coordinates displayed at the bottom of the screen always have an offset. If I turn on GPS and compare "GPS-Status" to the coordinates displayed in Oruxmaps there is an offset by around 3''. Also if I go to "Move to" -> "Point" and enter for expample 50°N 13°E Oruxmaps shows me the right point on the map, but the coordinates on the bottom reads 50°0'3''N 13°0'4''E.

conmarti

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset) Empty Re: Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset)

Post  orux Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 pm

conmarti wrote:First I want to say thank you for this great Application.

It seem's that the coordinates displayed at the bottom of the screen always have an offset. If I turn on GPS and compare "GPS-Status" to the coordinates displayed in Oruxmaps there is an offset by around 3''. Also if I go to "Move to" -> "Point" and enter for expample 50°N 13°E Oruxmaps shows me the right point on the map, but the coordinates on the bottom reads 50°0'3''N 13°0'4''E.

Hi;

Are you using a different than wgs84 datum?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset) Empty Re: Coordinates displayed wrong(with offset)

Post  conmarti Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:49 pm

No, I used N/S ??°??'??.?'' W/E ??°??'??.?''

But for testing I configured Oruxmaps to display the position as wgs84 and the offset was even more.

conmarti

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 pm

conmarti wrote:No, I used N/S ??°??'??.?'' W/E ??°??'??.?''

But for testing I configured Oruxmaps to display the position as wgs84 and the offset was even more.

Also using the onine maps?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  conmarti Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:45 pm

It doesn't matter whether I'm using an online map or not. Just to be clear, the cursor shows the right point on the map. But the coordinates shown in the dashboard are not the same compared to "GPS-Status" or maps.google.com

conmarti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down