OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maps on new Android device

2 posters

Go down

maps on new Android device Empty maps on new Android device

Post  Ton Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:49 pm

I use Oruxmaps now for 2 years and its excellent. Now I bought my 3rd Phone and Oruxmaps is working perfect. HOWEVER I cannot open the maps that I already used on the other phones. I have made a new database but nothing works! How to solve this problem?
Regards, Ton

Ton

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

maps on new Android device Empty Re: maps on new Android device

Post  orux Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Ton wrote:I use Oruxmaps now for 2 years and its excellent. Now I bought my 3rd Phone and Oruxmaps is working perfect. HOWEVER I cannot open the maps that I already used on the other phones. I have made a new database but nothing works! How to solve this problem?
Regards, Ton

You have to copy the maps in the new created oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder, inside the sdcard of your phone.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Ton Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Orux,
Thanks for the reply, but I use the same sdcard (moved it into the new phone) and the maps are still in the map oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder
None of the earlier used maps can now be loaded. Why not??
Thanks in advance for your help,
Ton

orux wrote:
Ton wrote:I use Oruxmaps now for 2 years and its excellent. Now I bought my 3rd Phone and Oruxmaps is working perfect. HOWEVER I cannot open the maps that I already used on the other phones. I have made a new database but nothing works! How to solve this problem?
Regards, Ton

You have to copy the maps in the new created oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder, inside the sdcard of your phone.

orux

Ton

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Ton wrote:Hi Orux,
Thanks for the reply, but I use the same sdcard (moved it into the new phone) and the maps are still in the map oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder
Ton

orux wrote:
Regards, Ton

orux

Your device?

If you have a galaxy II, or similar, it has two sdcards.

By default, Oruxmaps uses the 'internal' sdcard. If you want OruxMaps to use the external sdcard, you have to select that sdcard in settings--tracks/routes--directory.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Ton Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Orux,

My phone is an new outdoor UTANO phone. I think I have found the problem. Is the difference OruxMaps Sqlite and the other is OruxMaps??
A Map in the folder TEST with the files OruxMapsImages and test.otrk2 don't work anymore. But a map in the folder TEST with a file test.otrk2 and another map TEST 15 with a file test 15.otrk2 and another map SET with files test 15_0_0.omc2 - test 15_10_9.omc2 do work: I can load this map!!! What is this one: Sqlite or not?
How can I convert all my old maps into the good format?
Thanks,
Ton

orux wrote:
Ton

orux wrote:
Regards, Ton

orux

Your device?

By default, Oruxmaps uses the 'internal' sdcard. If you want OruxMaps to use the external sdcard, you have to select that sdcard in settings--tracks/routes--directory.

orux

Ton

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:18 pm

My phone is an new outdoor UTANO phone. I think I have found the problem. Is the difference OruxMaps Sqlite and the other is OruxMaps??
A Map in the folder TEST with the files OruxMapsImages and test.otrk2 don't work anymore. But a map in the folder TEST with a file test.otrk2 and another map TEST 15 with a file test 15.otrk2 and another map SET with files test 15_0_0.omc2 - test 15_10_9.omc2 do work: I can load this map!!! What is this one: Sqlite or not?
How can I convert all my old maps into the good format?
Thanks,
Ton

orux wrote:
Ton

orux wrote:
Regards, Ton

orux

Your device?

orux

Hmmm,

May be it is like LG devices sqlite bug.

Download OruxMapsDesktop, execute the application, use the last tab utility (Slite 0101).

Try with one of yours maps.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Ton Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Orux,
Your solutions works: I used OruxMapsDesktop on two databases and now I can use them again!
Tomorrow I do all the other Maps. Thank you very, very much. This support is even better than from so called professional companies.
Thanks again and you can look forward to my donation.
Ton

Ton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down