OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a limit to how many maps OruxMaps can handle?

2 posters

Go down

Is there a limit to how many maps OruxMaps can handle? Empty Is there a limit to how many maps OruxMaps can handle?

Post  DGW Tue May 08, 2012 10:24 am

Hi

I am having a problem with OruxMaps opening all the maps in the maps folder on my 32 GB SD card. It will open about half of the maps quite happily but displays a blank image for the ones it won't/can't open.

I created OruxMaps format maps covering our entire country from both 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 scale topo maps in the form of GeoTIFF images. The map datum and projection the GeoTIFF's use is NZ Geodetic Datum 2000 and Transverse Mercator. I used the latest version of OruxMapsDesktop to create them (2.0.16 from memory), using the batch convert option. The process seemed to work okay without any obvious problems. There are 31 1:250,000 scale maps, totalling 778 MB and 274 1:50,000 scale maps totalling 6.56 GB (data volumes are for the OruxMaps version of the maps).

When I try opening the maps in the OruxMaps application (version 4.8.36) on my phone (Android version 2.2.2), all of the 1:250,000 maps open properly but only about half of the 1:50,000 maps open - the northern end of the country and possibly coincidentally, the first ones in the maps folder.

Thinking the problem may have occurred during the conversion process, I used the one-off convert option to reprocess one or two selected maps - this also didn’t work. I downloaded a later version of a couple of the GeoTIFF’s and repeated the one-off process - still no joy! The xml files for the errant maps all look okay when I open them in a text editor and the .db files are more or less the same size as the maps that open properly (20 - 30 MB).

I am now wondering if I'm being a bit too ambitious loading maps for the whole country on my phone and expecting OruxMaps to be able to handle it. So, my question is: does 7.3 GB of map data or 305 maps exceed the limits of OruxMaps or is there some other problem here?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards
DGW

PS:
1. The GeoTIFF files were sourced from http://www.linz.govt.nz/topography/topo-maps/map-chooser (LINZ is our government survey and mapping agency).

2. OruxMaps is a great application – please keep up the good work!

DGW

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Is there a limit to how many maps OruxMaps can handle? Empty Re: Is there a limit to how many maps OruxMaps can handle?

Post  orux Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

DGW wrote:Hi

I am having a problem with OruxMaps opening all the maps in the maps folder on my 32 GB SD card. It will open about half of the maps quite happily but displays a blank image for the ones it won't/can't open.

I created OruxMaps format maps covering our entire country from both 1:250,000 and 1:50,000 scale topo maps in the form of GeoTIFF images. The map datum and projection the GeoTIFF's use is NZ Geodetic Datum 2000 and Transverse Mercator. I used the latest version of OruxMapsDesktop to create them (2.0.16 from memory), using the batch convert option. The process seemed to work okay without any obvious problems. There are 31 1:250,000 scale maps, totalling 778 MB and 274 1:50,000 scale maps totalling 6.56 GB (data volumes are for the OruxMaps version of the maps).

When I try opening the maps in the OruxMaps application (version 4.8.36) on my phone (Android version 2.2.2), all of the 1:250,000 maps open properly but only about half of the 1:50,000 maps open - the northern end of the country and possibly coincidentally, the first ones in the maps folder.

Thinking the problem may have occurred during the conversion process, I used the one-off convert option to reprocess one or two selected maps - this also didn’t work. I downloaded a later version of a couple of the GeoTIFF’s and repeated the one-off process - still no joy! The xml files for the errant maps all look okay when I open them in a text editor and the .db files are more or less the same size as the maps that open properly (20 - 30 MB).

I am now wondering if I'm being a bit too ambitious loading maps for the whole country on my phone and expecting OruxMaps to be able to handle it. So, my question is: does 7.3 GB of map data or 305 maps exceed the limits of OruxMaps or is there some other problem here?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards
DGW

PS:
1. The GeoTIFF files were sourced from http://www.linz.govt.nz/topography/topo-maps/map-chooser (LINZ is our government survey and mapping agency).

2. OruxMaps is a great application – please keep up the good work!

Hi;

I tested with a map, and it worked well I do not know where can be the problem;

Have you tried creating a map directly, without using the batch process?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down