OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home made offline map doesn't show

3 posters

Go down

Home made offline map doesn't show Empty Home made offline map doesn't show

Post  Lumi Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 am

Hello,

I'm a regular user of this wonderful software for 1 year now but newcomer in this forum.
I wanted to create my own offline maps from IGN France 256 x 256 tiles in jpeg format.
I download tiles the same way Topomap 1.2.0.7 does with my own desktop application (it's maybe not the same way because mine doesn't work in the end.), I import them into an sqlite database as BLOB , and finally I create the otrk2.xml file. But when I try to use them with Oruxmaps, I get an error message just saying there is a problem with the map. So I think I miss something. Maybe the pixel format of the tiles, or something else with the database itself.
? I have investigated a lot but found nothing. In Android Locus application, it doesn't work as well. I see the GPS coordinates but no picture.
Orux, could you please try one of my maps in debugging mode to tell me where's the problem ?

Regards, Lumi

Lumi

Cantidad de envíos : 1

Back to top Go down

Home made offline map doesn't show Empty Re: Home made offline map doesn't show

Post  mtbhk Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:42 pm

I have the same experience...
My offline map created by MobAC prompt error when Oruxmaps try to open it on my Motorola phone.
However, This offline map can be open by Oruxmaps in my Acer tablet. Oruxmaps are same version.

The different is:
MobAC create two files ... 1) xxx.otrk2.xml 2) oruxmapsimages.db
Oruxmaps in phone create four files ... 1) xxx.otrk2.xml 2) oruxmapsimages.db 3) oruxmapsimages.db-wal & 4) oruxmapsimages.db-shm

Thet are un-readable when changeover.

mtbhk

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

mtbhk wrote:I have the same experience...
My offline map created by MobAC prompt error when Oruxmaps try to open it on my Motorola phone.
However, This offline map can be open by Oruxmaps in my Acer tablet. Oruxmaps are same version.

The different is:
MobAC create two files ... 1) xxx.otrk2.xml 2) oruxmapsimages.db
Oruxmaps in phone create four files ... 1) xxx.otrk2.xml 2) oruxmapsimages.db 3) oruxmapsimages.db-wal & 4) oruxmapsimages.db-shm

Thet are un-readable when changeover.

Hi;

check to create the same tables than OruxMaps sqlite databases. There are tools that create sqlite databases not compatible with some androids. OruxMapsDesktop has a tool that changes the bits to be compatible.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down