OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to delete the "empty map"?

Go down

How to delete the "empty map"? Empty How to delete the "empty map"?

Post  mbraner Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:35 am

I am using offline maps (only). I activated the "empty map" option, and the "autoload maps" option, and now if I scroll off the end of a map, where there is no map available, Oruxmaps immediately loads "no map", shows a blank screen, and it is not easy to go back to where I was. If I scroll of the map to a side where there is another map available, then a pop-up list of available maps (including "no map") shows and I can choose a map - or not. But when "no map" is the only option the pop-up does not show up and the screen goes blank as "no map" is immediately loaded.

If I turn off the "autoload maps" option, then if I scroll of the end of a map, nothing at all happens, unless I click on the globe icon and select "open map here", then I get a list of available maps for that location, if any. That may be better than the other way.

But ideally I should be able to remove the "empty map" in which case autoload will presumably pick the available real map and I wouldn't have to manually ask for it? But how to remove the "empty map"? I tried to uncheck the option to create the empty map, but it didn't make any difference, even after re-starting Oruxmaps. Looking in the Oruxmaps folder, I can't find where this "empty map" is kept.

The empty map also kept loading when I zoomed in too far, past the available layers, but fortunately there is an option in the zoom setting to avoid that.

By the way, since I have several maps that cover adjacent areas, it would be nice if I could merge them into one large map, is there a way to do that? Then I wouldn't scroll off the end of a map very often. I created each map from a digital topo map (originally from the USGS, but already processed into seamless large tiles), downloaded as a TIF/TFW pair, using OruxMapsDesktop (after converting the image to PNG).

mbraner

Cantidad de envíos : 7

Back to top Go down