OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than one mapstyle for a map

+7
jonny-blue
Adriann
TheDuke
kech61
mhoff
orux
fabrylama
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More than one mapstyle for a map - Page 2 Empty Re: More than one mapstyle for a map

Post  auriocus Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Ok, I think I can draw many of these barriers as a nice icon. As soon as I'm back from Hungary (~10 days), i will give it a try. Anyway, this is now very off topic here. We should shift this discussion to some other place. Shall I contact you or Christian directly by mail, if so, please write your email here.

Christian (also:)

auriocus

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

More than one mapstyle for a map - Page 2 Empty Re: More than one mapstyle for a map

Post  Maki Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:24 pm

I tested yesterday the new beta, it worked very well.

I don't really like the mountain pass symbol, too squared and more importantly it's not oriented like on paper maps. I'm afraid that this cannot be fixed, except for the graphics that I suppose I can change myself.

One thing that I don't understand is why vector maps have zoom levels like tile-based ones that cause jumps when you pinch zoom. Being vectors they can be scaled to any arbitrary size, like in Locus or Google Maps. Speaking of zoom I find particularly handy the "double tap and slide" feature of Google Maps, as it allows to zoom precisely with a single hand. I'd really like to see that implemented in Oruxmaps.

That said, I'm already very happy with this latest beta, can't wait to have it in the stable app. Good work, as usual.

Maki

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum