OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC

5 posters

Go down

A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC Empty A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC

Post  Maksym Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello.
I am starting to use MOBAC to make maps for Orux in Oruxsqlite format. As sourse I am using local cache files (downloaded using SASPlaneta or saving by GlobalMapper in OSM tiles format). The problem is that size of map db is much bigger than tiles I am using to make a map. Especially when I select a big area that has a little tiles. For example I make a map from tiles size 1.3 Gb and the result db is 3.5 Gb. Of course selected area is bigger then tile coverage (because selected area is rectangle, but the map tiles coverage has dificult shape). But I can use map 3.5 Gb, FAT32 support this file size.
Than I tried to make a map with zoom levels 6-14 total coverage of my country and 15-16 only big cities (in one atlas and one db). So I download 505314 tiles for this, the size is 2.8 Gb, PNG format. Not too much. But when I make a sqlite db map I get 12 Gb file. 4!!! times bigger than source tiles. WHY??? I calculate how much is the maximum tiles is needed for this map - 9968639 tiles. But I use only 505314 tiles. At MOBAC forum r_x said that Oruxsqlite use tiles 512x512 instead 256x256 I hsve and tiles are recompressed. OK, not a big problem. A big problem is generating blank tiles (light blue colour) on territory where I haven't tiles. 9.4 million additional blank tiles and only 0.5 million useful tiles in my map.
How can I make a map using MOBAC without generating blank tiles? Only using tiles that I have in my local cache?
It will be great if I can also using tiles 256x256 without recompress because I have a PNG tiles with high optomosation level and very small size. But if it's impossible not a big problem. A very big problem is not to generate blank tiles.
Thanks.

PS. Maybe somebody know how I can automatically delete row with blank tiles from database? Now I can do it only manually, manually select rows with blank tiles. But only in small db, select and delete 9.5 million rows manually need very-very many weeks. I can't sort db by blob image record, so I need check and select and delete manually, it's very difficult.

Maksym

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC Empty Re: A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC

Post  zhazha Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm also confused about this.
Seems ourxmaps sqlite format needs some conversion.

Here is a simple stats:
Downloaded from tile store: 7109 Tiles/10.49MB
Time used on creating sqlite db only: 110s
Final OruxMapsImages.db size: 29.1MB
Records of 'tiles': 2601 # sqlite3: select count(*) from tiles

So originally there are 7109tiles, but there are only 2601 records in the 'tiles' table in sqlite database file.
I haven't found detailed documents on how to do this kind of conversion.

zhazha

Cantidad de envíos : 3

Back to top Go down

A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC Empty Re: A very large increase size of Oruxsqlite map by MOBAC

Post  Maksym Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 am

Oruxmap file format always generate square map even if you have another shape. All missing tiles for square shape generating during map creation using JPEG compression. Also if you have tiles not 512*512 pixels all you tiles converts to 512*512 JPEG conversion.
I solve this problem dratically - start using LocusMaps. It use rmaps.db map format that only use existing tiles for map creation. So I get map of my country only 3,6 Gb instead 12 Gb in oruxdb file format.

Maksym

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  epic Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

AFAIK, Oruxmaps support MBtiles sqlite map format. MBtiles use same map tile system as OSM. All you need is to build a MBtiles sqlite db using MBtiles schema and a simple insert-select sql. Or create a sql view in the OSM sqlite db.

However, I cannot make MBtiles sqlite map works with Oruxmaps. Can orux provide more details on MBtiles supported in Oruxmaps?

epic

Cantidad de envíos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 pm

epic wrote:AFAIK, Oruxmaps support MBtiles sqlite map format. MBtiles use same map tile system as OSM. All you need is to build a MBtiles sqlite db using MBtiles schema and a simple insert-select sql. Or create a sql view in the OSM sqlite db.

However, I cannot make MBtiles sqlite map works with Oruxmaps. Can orux provide more details on MBtiles supported in Oruxmaps?

Hi;

I can create and use MBtiles maps created with MOBAC.

Could you tell me your problems with that format?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  epic Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm

orux wrote:
Hi;

orux

I've created a small Google Map in MBtiles format using mobac 1.9.10.
The map contains 253 tiles from level 9 - 13.

Code:
sqlite> select * from metadata;
bounds|113.774,22.147,114.477,22.594
name|Unnamed atlas
type|baselayer
version|1.1
description|Unnamed atlas created on 2013-03-18 23:30:13 by MOBAC
format|png

I use Oruxmaps 5.2.3 and 5.2.2 beta on Android 2.3.5.

When I open the map, I got 'There are problems reading some map -> [map name]'.
Then when I select any on screen button / menu, I got 'Loading' notification. just like this post. I can quit the app using return/quit button on the bottom.

When using v5.2.2 beta on Android 2.2.2 and loading the MBtile map, nothing happen. (Although I can work with current map.)

The MBtiles map support is quite strange that I can see the map name using 'Switch map here' even it is out of the boundary of the MBtiles map.

epic

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 pm

epic wrote:
orux wrote:
Hi;

orux

I've created a small Google Map in MBtiles format using mobac 1.9.10.
The map contains 253 tiles from level 9 - 13.

Code:
sqlite> select * from metadata;
bounds|113.774,22.147,114.477,22.594
name|Unnamed atlas
type|baselayer
version|1.1
description|Unnamed atlas created on 2013-03-18 23:30:13 by MOBAC
format|png

I use Oruxmaps 5.2.3 and 5.2.2 beta on Android 2.3.5.

When I open the map, I got 'There are problems reading some map -> [map name]'.
Then when I select any on screen button / menu, I got 'Loading' notification. just like this post. I can quit the app using return/quit button on the bottom.

When using v5.2.2 beta on Android 2.2.2 and loading the MBtile map, nothing happen. (Although I can work with current map.)

The MBtiles map support is quite strange that I can see the map name using 'Switch map here' even it is out of the boundary of the MBtiles map.

Hi;

could you send me that (or another not working) map--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  epic Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

The MBtiles problem have been solved. I did the tricks by adding android_metadata table into MBtiles sqlite db.

Code:
create table android_metadata (locale text);
insert into android_metadata values ('en_US');
Now, I can check MBtiles maps on my Android 2.2.2 and 2.3.5 devices. The map boundary is detected correctly.

epic

Back to top Go down

Post  winest Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:33 am

epic wrote:The MBtiles problem have been solved. I did the tricks by adding android_metadata table into MBtiles sqlite db.

Code:
Now, I can check MBtiles maps on my Android 2.2.2 and 2.3.5 devices. The map boundary is detected correctly.

Hi, I met the same problem and solve it by adding android_metadata as well.
However, whenever I zoom in/out, the map position will be moved to the right-down side corner.
Do you have the similar issue?
It seems OruxMaps cannot support the latest 1.1 version MBTiles?
Or simply cannot detect it's correct boundary?
p.s. I used MOBAC 1.9.11 to download from google map

winest

Cantidad de envíos : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 am

winest wrote:
epic wrote:The MBtiles problem have been solved. I did the tricks by adding android_metadata table into MBtiles sqlite db.

Code:

Hi, I met the same problem and solve it by adding android_metadata as well.
However, whenever I zoom in/out, the map position will be moved to the right-down side corner.
Do you have the similar issue?
It seems OruxMaps cannot support the latest 1.1 version MBTiles?
Or simply cannot detect it's correct boundary?
p.s. I used MOBAC 1.9.11 to download from google map

Hi;

there is a bug in last version about mbtiles bounds, solved for the next version,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down