OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exporting of tracks

3 posters

Go down

exporting of tracks Empty exporting of tracks

Post  goco Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm

I have a problem - I cannot find the exported tracks on my cell phone sd card

I follow the procedure to export tracks and program write to me that process is finished but when I go to Tracklog folder I don't have track that I suposed exported

can U tell me why?
what I'm doing wrong?

goco

Cantidad de envíos : 4

Back to top Go down

exporting of tracks Empty Re: exporting of tracks

Post  JoachimS Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 pm

The folder 'tracklog' is the default folder for the export. Did you check the settings for the target folder? Settings --> Tracks/Routes --> Routes, tracks directory
Joachim

JoachimS

Cantidad de envíos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  goco Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm

the routes and tracks are stored in /mnt/sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs/
I have turned on auto GPX creation, auto save on 2 minutes and auto backup in 7 days
if it help I'll delete current oruxmaps and install it again and if I loose current tracks I'll go and make them again

goco

Back to top Go down

Post  JoachimS Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I did some tests, here the results.
I switched on Auto Creation for GPX and KML. Then I created a track manually using the appropriate function by drawing some consecutive waypoints. After finishing track creation I found that no GPX nor KML files have been created in the folder 'mnt/sdcard/oruxmaps/tracklogs' which ist the target folder for routes and tracks. It seems that the Auto Creation function does not work properly.

Let's hope that orux soon will have a look at this problem.

As workaround you can use the manually creation function. In Tracks Menu choose Manage, click the desired track and choose Export as ..., then select GPX. This will create the GPX file in the above-named folder.

Joachim

JoachimS

Cantidad de envíos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  goco Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 pm

when You put it that way it's coming to sense because I had auto create gpx turned on, but when I go and try it export manually I couldn't export tracks
thanks for now, I'll try to do tracking without auto create gpx and let You know will it works

goco

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 pm

goco wrote:when You put it that way it's coming to sense because I had auto create gpx turned on, but when I go and try it export manually I couldn't export tracks
thanks for now, I'll try to do tracking without auto create gpx and let You know will it works

Hi,

autocreation does not work for tracks created manually, but should work with tracks created using the gps.

What happens when you try to export tracks manually? why does not work? do you see any message?

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  goco Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm

when I create them manually it says "processing. please wait." and then it says "file created successfully", and when I connect mobile with PC and go to trackload folder the tracks aren't there like I wrote in the first post

I have Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 mini with Android 4.0.4, but I also have Sony Ericsson xperia X10 (regular) with Android 2.3.3 and on this mobile everything works just fine

I know now You'll say why I don't use regular x10 Question I use this regular as everyday mobile and I don't want to brake it on MTB trail rides, and x10 mini was a gift from operater for 2 years in their grid and I use it like GPS and want to share tracks with my friends but I can't

goco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down