OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance and size of sqlite database file

2 posters

Go down

Performance and size of sqlite database file Empty Performance and size of sqlite database file

Post  mohella Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi!

I have been using this Oruxmaps very much and it is such a great application!!

At the moment I am trying to download an area from Mobile Atlas Creator bigger than I have usually done. My question that arises when doing this is:
Does anyone have a recommended maximum size of the sqlite database file?
Is there a size of the sqlite mapfile where the performance of using it in the Oruxmaps-client starts to drop?
I am on a HTC Desire. I guess it is also dependant of the hardware on the mobile unit.

mohella

Cantidad de envíos : 5

Back to top Go down

Performance and size of sqlite database file Empty Re: Performance and size of sqlite database file

Post  orux Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:53 pm

mohella wrote:Hi!

I have been using this Oruxmaps very much and it is such a great application!!

At the moment I am trying to download an area from Mobile Atlas Creator bigger than I have usually done. My question that arises when doing this is:
Does anyone have a recommended maximum size of the sqlite database file?
Is there a size of the sqlite mapfile where the performance of using it in the Oruxmaps-client starts to drop?
I am on a HTC Desire. I guess it is also dependant of the hardware on the mobile unit.

Hi, mohella;

The images are indexed inside the database; I think size should not be a problem. But I have not tested maps bigger than 200-300 mb. I know there are people with maps >1gb, and I have no reports about poor performance.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down