OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoom failed

3 posters

Go down

Zoom failed Empty Zoom failed

Post  eric Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I creat a SQLite oruxmap from level 14-19, it's 49MB. When I open Oruxmaps 3.26 in my HTC Desire, the zoom level is 14, and I can drag the map ok. I zoom (both by the + button or multitouch) in level 15 and 16, it works fine. But when I press +, the level 17 doesn't load, but the level level 16@120%. I press + again, the level 16@150% loaded. I can't load level 17-19. I creat another 80MB SQlite from level 14-19, I got the same result.

I creat another 3MB SQlite from 14-19 (small part of above 49MB), the zoom level from 14-19 are ok.

I want to know the reason, please help me.

eric

Back to top Go down

Zoom failed Empty Re: Zoom failed

Post  jluers Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm having the same or similar problem.

I made a MobAC map with a Google Earth (satelite) image on layer16 and a Google Map (roads) image on Layer 15. Both layers cover the same area.

When I zoom in and out It is not switching from one Layer to another. It says 16@200% or 16@40% but it won't switch to the other layer. It is only showing the Google Earth Layer 16 image, though the Google Map image on Layer 15 does flsh briefly but is quickly re-painted with Layer 16.

What am I doing wrong?

jluers

Cantidad de envíos : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  jluers Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I think I found the problem.
I had "Auto Load" set to Always, if I set it to "Leaving Map" or Never the then it seems to correctly change Layers as I zoom.

jluers

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:02 pm

I have the same problem. I created map with zoom 12, 15 and 17. When I zoom, 12 and 15 are ok, but 17 never shows up. Instead zoom 15 + digital zoom is displayed.

I have map autoload turned off.

I neded up creating separate map for each zoom and loading them manually. That is bad, but at least it works.

pedja

Cantidad de envíos : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  jluers Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 pm

I still have problems and have resorted to the same thing you have, creating separate maps for each layer.

Interesting, it is the "top" layer that fails for me also. Perhaps a bug?

When you create the map be sure to "Clear" the Atlas Content, once it is added you cannot change it.

jluers

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm

jluers wrote:I still have problems and have resorted to the same thing you have, creating separate maps for each layer.

Interesting, it is the "top" layer that fails for me also. Perhaps a bug?

When you create the map be sure to "Clear" the Atlas Content, once it is added you cannot change it.

Hi; all;

May be this is the problem:

Sometimes the upper layers of the map includes an area larger than the lower layers. For example, if you create a map by selecting a small area (your country) layer 15, but you select the map layers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 .. 15, then you have the map of the world in the layer 0 (at that level takes a single tile, which is the minimum that can be downloaded). If you try to 'zoom in' on alaska (we suppose that alaska is not your country) at level 0; sure this area is not present in the lower layers, and OruxMaps can only do optical zoom.

Try to do zoom in in a point in the map that should be present in all your layers.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:46 pm

With my map this is not the case. I selected area and then created map with several zooms for the same selection.

Today, in one moment, z17 showed up, but as zoomed out to z15, it wanished again, zooming in was just digital zooming on z15. I could not get z17 again.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:48 pm

pedja wrote:With my map this is not the case. I selected area and then created map with several zooms for the same selection.

Today, in one moment, z17 showed up, but as zoomed out to z15, it wanished again, zooming in was just digital zooming on z15. I could not get z17 again.

Is it a large map?

Could you send it to me, or a link?

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  pedja Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Sure, I provided download link in private message.

In meanwhile, I found out that when cursor is on north part of the map, zoom works ok, but in lower part, zoom17 does not show.

For clarification, I used Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8, selected wanted area, checked zoom 12, 15 and 17 and created map. Creation process went ok, so I assume, map is correct.

Also, when I create map for z17 only, for the same selection, it works fine.

pedja

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

pedja wrote:Sure, I provided download link in private message.

In meanwhile, I found out that when cursor is on north part of the map, zoom works ok, but in lower part, zoom17 does not show.

For clarification, I used Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8, selected wanted area, checked zoom 12, 15 and 17 and created map. Creation process went ok, so I assume, map is correct.

Also, when I create map for z17 only, for the same selection, it works fine.

Hi;

your problem is with MOBAC settings. You must select in mobac, settings, map size the maximum value. If not, the map is split into small maps (32512x32512) into the same data base that OruxMaps can not read.

I have to find a solution for this...

too much work! bounce

<MapCalibration layers="false" layerLevel="17">
<MapName>GM-Uzice 17 (00)</MapName>
<MapChunks xMax="64" yMax="64" datum="WGS84" projection="Mercator" img_height="512" img_width="512" file_name="GM-Uzice 17 (00)"/>
<MapDimensions height="32512" width="32512"/>
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  jluers Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 am

Orux
You are correct. The maps that I have problems with have <MapDimensions height="32512" width="32512"/> .

How do we determine what maximums size to use??

thanks!

jluers

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 02, 2011 7:03 pm

jluers wrote:Orux
You are correct. The maps that I have problems with have <MapDimensions height="32512" width="32512"/> .

How do we determine what maximums size to use??

thanks!

In MOBAC settings, map size, select the maximum value. Then you never will have problems with size, unless you create a map that can not fit in a fat32 filesystem.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down