OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

OruxMaps
Visit the new forum: <a href="http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro">OruxMaps</a>
OruxMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported

+4
atzi
BerniPi
orux
Lion
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported

Post  Lion Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:36 pm

i know that the Zephyr HxM is working, but the polar is cheaper. would it work?

Lion

Cantidad de envíos : 24

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty Re: Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported

Post  orux Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Lion wrote:i know that the Zephyr HxM is working, but the polar is cheaper. would it work?

Hi, Lion;

No; I do not have the polar API to integrate this device with OruxMaps. Seems that there is no public API.

orux
orux
orux

Cantidad de envíos : 3946

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty Re: Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported

Post  Lion Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Hm, not so good. Thank´s for information....

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  Franky Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 am

Damn, the polar belt has growing popularity, it is cheaper and has the advantage of changeable batteries (zephuyr has a not changeable rechargeable batteries)

Do you see any change for supporting the polar in future?

Franky

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Franky wrote:Damn, the polar belt has growing popularity, it is cheaper and has the advantage of changeable batteries (zephuyr has a not changeable rechargeable batteries)

Do you see any change for supporting the polar in future?

If polar publish the API for the programmers, will be very easy;

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lion Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:19 pm

maybe you could ask in the polar forum for a description of the api

http://forum.polar.fi/forumdisplay.php?f=77

i could do it for you, but if they would contact me, i would not unterstand anything what they tell me (i am no programmer Crying or Very sad )

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  Jussi Wed May 11, 2011 6:38 am

The Polar bluetooth protocoll is quite simple see

Jussi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jussi Wed May 11, 2011 6:39 am

see www . neuroupdate . com / polarbt

Jussi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lion Mon May 23, 2011 6:16 am

Jussi wrote:see www . neuroupdate . com / polarbt
Does this help?

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Mon May 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Lion wrote:
Jussi wrote:see www . neuroupdate . com / polarbt
Does this help?

It is not complete; there are no information about error checks.

Do you have one? may be we can do some test.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lion Tue May 24, 2011 6:57 am

orux wrote:
It is not complete; there are no information about error checks.

Do you have one? may be we can do some test.

orux
Unfortunatly not, i wanted to wait until it works with oruxmaps (as prices of the heartratemonitors will fall in future),
Maybe someone else?

Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  BerniPi Tue May 24, 2011 4:37 pm

I have a Polar BT belt and could do some tests...

BerniPi

Cantidad de envíos : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue May 24, 2011 7:31 pm

TheAbalone wrote:I have a Polar BT belt and could do some tests...

Ok;

I need the name of the bluetooth device. You can see the name when you pair your Polar BT with your android (see attached)

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Deviceanct

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  BerniPi Tue May 24, 2011 7:52 pm

It's called "Polar iWL"

BerniPi

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm

TheAbalone wrote:It's called "Polar iWL"

Thanks;

I am going to prepare a version for you, to collect some datas.

I will PM you when ready,

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  atzi Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Any news? I noticed that beta changelog says 'Polar Heart monitor support? (not tested)'. Can someone confirm if it is working? I am planning to buy the Polar HRM, but it would be nice to know will it work with oruxmaps.

atzi

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty No, not yet

Post  Thomas Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:12 am

Hi,

no, unfortunately I cannot confirm this. I have the Polar HRM but I couldn't bring it to work with the current beta.

regards,
Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty polar bt works

Post  BerniPi Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 am

Thomas wrote:Hi,

no, unfortunately I cannot confirm this. I have the Polar HRM but I couldn't bring it to work with the current beta.

regards,
Thomas

Fortunately i cannot confirm this ;-)
At my place it works good. First you have to pair your bt with your phone in the standard bt settings, then choose it in oruxmaps in the heart monitor. I think you have done that. To see the hr values you have to activate the related fields in userinterface - dashboard - userinterface.
Now the tricky part, to activate hr mesure longpress the tracklog button. Then you should see a notification like "connecting to ..."

Some values have to be fixed for the batterystatus. Logging, viewing and exporting works great so far. There is also an issue, that hr logging stops, when phone and belt loose disconnect, but it's a known issue and should be adressed in next beta. ( also happens with the other belt)

I have little time to do long tests, but i am very pleased so far.

BerniPi

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty Sounds good

Post  Thomas Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 am

That sounds good! The tricky part was new to me.
I'll try it out in the evening...

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  BerniPi Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 am

Thomas wrote:That sounds good! The tricky part was new to me.
I'll try it out in the evening...

Thanks,
Thomas

Yes, i was surprised too. I think it's a very elegant solution, although you have to know it...
If you want to use the hrbelt longpress, else short... It's a bit confusing, when the program asks about new segment/track..., but it activates the hr in the background.

TA

Last edited by TheAbalone on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

BerniPi

Back to top Go down

Is the polar bluetooth hr-monitor supported Empty It works indeed

Post  Thomas Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

Hey, it really does work Very Happy
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 pm

Thomas wrote:Hey, it really does work Very Happy
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Thomas

Hi all;

I need info about battery.

If you see a value different than '209', please, open sportrack or other program that supports Polar HRM, then post here
--oruxmaps dashboard value for battery.
--the other program value.

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  BerniPi Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 am

hi orux,

Oruxmaps works very well, i love it. unfortunatley my battery in the polarbelt got empty and i didn't look at the battery values before.

i always thought (and i told you), that the polar belt only shows the values 96,66,... , but with an other (used) battery i get 75% in sporttracks (om shows 209) and with a new battery it shows 100% (209 in om).

can i help you to get the values for om?

Berni

edit: it would be great if you could add the long-press-to-hr-behaviour to the "track start" button in the tripcomputer screen. thanks!

BerniPi

Back to top Go down

Post  orux Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:45 pm

BerniPi wrote:hi orux,

Oruxmaps works very well, i love it. unfortunatley my battery in the polarbelt got empty and i didn't look at the battery values before.

i always thought (and i told you), that the polar belt only shows the values 96,66,... , but with an other (used) battery i get 75% in sporttracks (om shows 209) and with a new battery it shows 100% (209 in om).

can i help you to get the values for om?

Berni

edit: it would be great if you could add the long-press-to-hr-behaviour to the "track start" button in the tripcomputer screen. thanks!

Hi;

I have no information about how battery information is sent. It is supposed in '209' byte, but if you see 75% and 100% in sporttracks, and always 209 in OM, then I am wrong.

But I can make a version for you to collect info and try to find the good values--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux
orux
orux

Back to top Go down

Post  BerniPi Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:14 pm

I am the guy, which already tested for you in the past (formerly TheAbalone). Can i use the testversion from back then (OruxMaps3.5.11POLARbeta). I will send you the file per email.

Berni

BerniPi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next